Livin' large
By Got Gas?? on
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)
You just don't buy one of these if fuel economy is an issue to you. I will comment on all the diesel lovers that keep talking about their mileage. I bought my V-10 '01 Excursion used with 50k miles on it for the same price as a diesel with 120K miles. The diesels run about $8-$10000 more on the market. They get about 5 MPG better than my V-10. One could buy a lot of gas for $8,000. Other than a few bugs to work out; CD didn't work, 2 door actuators needed replaced -- all else is fine. I love the truck, Turns heads. Is very comfortable for my 6'3" frame. Hauls all our stuff to the lake in style. Haven't towed the boat yet but I am sure it will perform better than the Tahoe. The ride is appropriate.
Favorite Features
Size, comfort, lots of headroom, big door entry area. 8 cupholders!, back up alarm, style. POWER! Limited has nicer leather than my old Chevy Tahoe.
Suggested Improvements
If you could make a 3/4 ton truck with 80psi in the tires ride better, more power to you. The stereo speakers sound like crud though. A little rear end sway is the only handling issue. I love this truck. You get one of these cause you can!