2001 Ford Excursion SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:
2001 Excursion Ltd.
By lonebull on 09/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

Outstanding vehicle in all respects. The PSD is awesome -- and economical on fuel.

First Excursion
By Joe Beale on 09/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

Plenty of pulling power for towing 35' travel trailer. Milage for a vech. of this weight is execellent. 16 to 18 mpg hwy. Very few problems have been encountered.

2001 Ford Excursion 4 door Limited
By K. Wilson on 08/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Very well built SUV. Diesel engine is a plus for mileage and torque. Interior is well designed and very attractive. Sound system and entertainment center well-worth the investment.

The Best I've Ever Had
By Roland Deyang on 06/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my Excursion almost a year ago and I love it. I wouldn't trade anything for it. Sure it drives like a truck, but its a small price to pay for being King of the Road.

This is a good truck
By Shannon Parker on 04/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I Have a 2001 Limited 4x4 Excursion, and it is hans down the best vehicle I've ever owned. I had a Banks kit installed on the Power Stroke diesel, and it has been pure bliss for over a year now. I reccomend this vehicle to anyone wanting a fuel-effecient truck with towing capacity that rivals commercial trucks. I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS TRUCK!!

Trouble-free Excursion
By Lee Johnson on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I've had my 2001 Excursion Limited for nearly a year (April) with no troubles or visits to the dealer for repair. It's equipped with the PowerStroke Diesel. I tow a 9000lb travel trailer. (I've added a Helwig anti-sway bar and Bilstein shocks, and Ride-Rite air springs.) Our family of 4 (sometimes 5) can travel long distances reliably and comfortably, with all luggage and gear inside. Fully loaded, I've gotten as much as 22.7mpg on the highway (65mph with cruise control). I recommend this vehicle for anyone needing space, diesel performance and economy, and reliability.

wife's excursion
By Gates on 03/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Ride is not good, too rough. Bumps become body jarring event. Nothing quiet about about it, have heard ever bolt rattle. Our 4-wheel drive 4 door dually rides better--this is our ONLY complaint about Excursion--otherwise--it's great.

Best of Everything
By BoatMom on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Having owned everything from a Porsche to the Excursion, I have to admit I love my Excursion Limited. It is fabulous for pulling our boats. As a boat manufacturer, the impression the two make together is jaw dropping. The truck handles incredibly well. Thought it would be difficult to maneuver, but handles and turns every bit as easily as my former Explorer. We are contemplating purchasing a second Excursion to replace another manufacturers pick up truck which is the worst vehicle made for turning!

I have a few complaints
By Christy on 03/12/02 20:50 PM (PST)

2001 Ford Excursion SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

COMPLAINTS: 1)My brakes (the discs) have been 2) my brakes have been replaced 3 times due to warping. 2)I don't expect much for a large SUV, but 10mpg is unacceptable. 3)Maneuving into parking spaces is extremely difficult and parking spaces are too small. 4)It is VERY difficult to push the 2nd seat forward to get to the 3rd seat. 5)This vehicle has an extreme amount of 'roll' when cornering.

TOW KING of the tlong trips
By Demonic on 03/09/02 00:50 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

It is not the quickest or most nimble vehicle I have driven. However, it is extremely confortable for family travel. V10 is awesome. I get about 11 with this engine, still bad but not much of a penalty from my last SUV, and I fill up less. The front suspension leaves a bit to be desired. GOD FORBID you go over a speed bump in a parking lot. NOT GOOD! I would only recommed this veicle to people who tow and need cargo room, not just people who need cargo room. For my needs... I love it.