2001 Ford Excursion SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:
Problems that should not be happening
By Tonyhca on 03/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

At 45k miles, I've already had to replace tires (primarily due extreme feathering on front left tire...or front suspension/steering/alignment problems from the factory?) and brake pads. Pulls hard right after brake replacement. About 50% of the time electric door locks don't respond to the keyless entry pad, clicker or door control. Misc. interior plastic coverings falling off. Finally, 10.7 mpg is frustrating, especially with California gas prices.

Best Vehicle I Have Ever Owned !
By Randy R. Falde on 12/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the 2WD model because all my driving is highway, oftentimes towing a 7'x14' enclosed trailer, which it handles in an excellent manner. The Excursion is the safest, most comfortable vehicle I have ever driven. My mileage averages 14-17 mpg when not towing and about half of that when towing.

Great Family Car
By Harm Lahy on 06/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The best all-around-car I ever bought. Roomy, practical and solid. Excellent mileage with the 7.3 ltr. Diesel too. On a recent 2700 mile trip the Excursion averaged 21 mpg and that included plenty of in-town (New York City) driving! As too reliability: At 34800 miles: Zero problems! Easy on maintenance, but each oilchange (5000 miles) takes 15 qts. Shell Rotella T 15W-40 plus filter. About $ 32.- at the local WalMart.

Best SUV
By TxFiveO on 05/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Large comfortable SUV. Good turning radius, much better than Suburban. Mine has the 7.3L powerstroke diesel and gets 16 mpg around town and 20 mpg on the highway. With the 44 gallon fuel tank you want to to stop during a trip before you need need to stop for fuel. It is the best vehicle ever for that long road trip. Plenty of room for passengers and luggage.

Great vehicle ** I even bought a second
By wattersm on 04/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have driven Suburban, yukons and expeditions. I drove the Limited Excursion and loved it so much I bought two of them. Now looking and getting two new ones with the deisel engines. Drive one and you will love it, no other compares!

A treat to drive
By Jim Dorr on 03/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Opt for the 7.3L.Diesel with 3.73 axle ratio. Excellent fuel mileage. Not uncommon to achieve 20 mpg plus, solo. 13 to 14 mpg pulling a 31 foot Holiday Rambler travel trailer. No significant repairs made or required so far. 37700 miles currently on the odmometer. Excellent performance. Would indeed, buy another one. Fits in my standard size garage. No problems parking it. Handles well solo or pulling the trailer

Built to Haul
By Trucking man on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Great vehicle that tows my 31ft travel trailer with ease. No it's not good on gas mileage but thats not why I bought it. It's a good looking truck that gets the job done. I have the V10 and have had no problems with brakes or any other things I read about such as rough ride or hard to steer. Very comfortable on long trips with plenty of room for passengers and luggage.

Keep making them!
By sailon on 11/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Lots of time on the road traveling with family. You can take whatever you want with you. Visibility and height are a great advantage.

2001 Ford Excursion 4 door Limited
By K. Wilson on 08/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Very well built SUV. Diesel engine is a plus for mileage and torque. Interior is well designed and very attractive. Sound system and entertainment center well-worth the investment.

The Best I've Ever Had
By Roland Deyang on 06/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my Excursion almost a year ago and I love it. I wouldn't trade anything for it. Sure it drives like a truck, but its a small price to pay for being King of the Road.