2000 Ford Excursion Consumer Review: Exceeded my expectations

2000 Ford Excursion - Consumer Review

XLT 4dr SUV (6.8L V10 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

Exceeded my expectations
By Bob from Hubbard on

2000 Ford Excursion XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

We were looking for a vehicle with some power. We still have teenagers at home so a truck was out and we already had gone the van route. I didn't even know that Ford made such an animal. We test drove Chevy Suburbans but nothing in our price range performed like our 'X'. The 'X' (affectionate name Excursion owners have for their vehicles) is not your average grocery getter SUV. It is made with a purpose that suited ours perfectly. Ours also has the 4.30 optional gears as well. It pulls our travel trailer with plenty of power to spare. My wife had already driven vans so the mirrors were no problem. This is a big station wagon with lots of guts. Other than the fuel economy, this SUV rocks!

Sits up high. Three seats with plenty of room. Power everything. Power to spare. I love to drive this thing!

I really wish they could do something about the fuel economy. But when you are driving something with 10 cylinders, you probably shouldn't be worrying about gas.