2000 Ford Excursion SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:
the best car
By turing_computable on 07/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

An absolute pleasure to drive. I have had the car for about two years and I am still 100% satisfied with it's performance and comfort. Average 11 mpg City, 16 mpg at 70 mph highway!! With it's 10 cyl. and 6.8 L engine the ride is smooth. Missing headrest on 3rd row and somewhat weak A/C gives this beast a 9 instead of 10 on the comfort scale. However, Ford's quality dwarfs that of GM in every aspect - exterior and interior

Love the Excursion!
By DadofSix on 05/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Perfect vehicle for the large family. Wife and I have 6 children and fill every seat. Everyone travels comfortably. Our summer home is 1,325 from our permanent home, and we do it pleasantly in two days, even with a dog. We also did 10,500 miles on vacation two years ago On the road we get 14 mpg (that's 112 people miles per gallon), and in the city we get 10 mpg. The air conditioning handles the Phoenix heat very effectively.

Suits our needs
By Farmer on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Nearing 36k miles, the V-10 is an excellent running engine, very smooth and quiet. Average 10-11 mpg city, 13.5 to 15 highway. No problems with oil consumption. Ride needed improvement, added B.F. Goodrich tires, Edelbrock shocks and heavier steering stabilizer. Now much more fun and safer to drive. Fit and finish very good, no rattles to date.

2000 Excursion
By Will on 03/14/02 11:26 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Excursion SUV XLT 4dr SUV

Our 2000 limited replaces a 1986 Suburban. We tend to keep our cars a long time. The Suburban was a reliable and hard working truck. Our Excursion is essentially the same size as our old Chevy, gets better gas mileage, and tows our trailer with ease. Mileage solo is a constant 15mpg on the highway, we do not use it as a town car. It is comfortable, quiet, and thus far reliable. The Excursion easily fits in our garage. We feel that our new truck is very appropriate for our life style.

Diesel the way to go.
By Jill on 03/04/02 16:20 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Excursion SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

A 7.3L Turbo Diesel is great on gas mileage up to 18 city 22 highway and still going. A little noisy, but not for men they love it. A little wide in the drivers seat. Can't rest arms and hold steering wheel comfortably. But excellent leg room. Slow moving from a start but look out after that.

Big SUV
By Jim Gagnon on 03/04/02 14:42 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I like this truck so much I went out and bought a new 2002 Excursion Limited Ultimate 4x4.I feel the Excursion is a better bang for your bucks.I will be honest my Excursion has the V10 and I only get 11 miles per a gallon.I have a relative that has the Suburban and they get about 13to14 mpg with it with the 5.3V8,also the chevys quality inside is very cheap looking.I quess both the Excursion and the Suburban have pros and cons.

Solid as a rock
By adeluca on 03/03/02 18:36 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Excursion SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I have had this thing for 30,000 miles now. Until now, there has been no problems of any kind. It is now in the shop for a front end squeal/grinding sound, probably a "driveline problem" according to the service writer at the dealership. I will let you know how the repair proceeds. I have a feeling I am going to be glad it is still under warranty. Has anyone else had this problem?

vehicle
By tammy on 02/28/02 07:50 AM (PST)

good

Diesel Baby
By Sir Galahad on 02/26/02 17:44 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4dr SUV

Diesel mileage and power outstanding. Interior comfort for family of 6 superior. Feeling of security superb. Respect of other vehicles on road unmatched. Keeping this one for at least 10 years. Down side is that intereior is slow to warm up in the cold weather.