Used 2000 Ford Excursion Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Excursion - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Excursion

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:

I would buy another
By Lisa

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

When we purchased this SUV we needed something that was big enough to tote around our very active children and be reliable, safe and spacious. We have had to fix a few things in the SUV, but we have been very satisfied with it. We love driving our Ford Excursion and would purchase another one again. Maybe a diesel for fuel economy. It is pricey to fill the tank.

Favorite Features

Favorite features include power everything! Heated seats and mirrors and how big and spacious it is.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders in the front should not only hold soft cups, but plastic bottles.

My Excursion
By Ryan Goodlett

2000 Ford Excursion XLT 4dr SUV

One thing is that people forget that the Excursion is built on an F250 chassis, thats why it does not ride like a SUV. Also I have never done anything other than preventive maintenance.

Favorite Features

The size.

Suggested Improvements

Keep building it.

Exceeded my expectations
By Bob from Hubbard

2000 Ford Excursion XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

We were looking for a vehicle with some power. We still have teenagers at home so a truck was out and we already had gone the van route. I didn't even know that Ford made such an animal. We test drove Chevy Suburbans but nothing in our price range performed like our 'X'. The 'X' (affectionate name Excursion owners have for their vehicles) is not your average grocery getter SUV. It is made with a purpose that suited ours perfectly. Ours also has the 4.30 optional gears as well. It pulls our travel trailer with plenty of power to spare. My wife had already driven vans so the mirrors were no problem. This is a big station wagon with lots of guts. Other than the fuel economy, this SUV rocks!

Favorite Features

Sits up high. Three seats with plenty of room. Power everything. Power to spare. I love to drive this thing!

Suggested Improvements

I really wish they could do something about the fuel economy. But when you are driving something with 10 cylinders, you probably shouldn't be worrying about gas.

Big ole Truck
By Red

2000 Ford Excursion XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Well, I have wanted one of these for a while; haven't had it too long, but so far it is everything I wanted in a truck. Used it for a long road trip to see family/friends, got 13.5 miles a gallon, drove in extreme comfort. Also have a 1997 Kia Sephia and didn't want to drive it this far, so I bought my Excursion, and I absolutely love it. People see this thing coming and get out of the way. Took out third seat and laid a full size air mattress in the back, love all the power options, and the power/manual hubs for the 4X4. And all the room in this thing. Buying used it was cheaper than you think.

Favorite Features

4X4, power 1/4 windows, stereo with second row control, ability to fold second seat down, trip computer, seeing everyone look at it when it goes by, having a unique vehicle, the power of the V-10, and getting 13 miles a gallon from this 7100 lb beast and going 500+ miles between fill ups.

Suggested Improvements

Have the second row fold flat instead of butting up to the front seats, have the doors unlock with one push of the button and auto lock when car is put in drive, and I don't like that when you open a door every light on the truck comes on.

THE BIG BAD BULLY
By BIG BOLD AND LUXURY

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV

Well what can I say the Excursion is the biggest SUV out there with just about everything you need on board. The Excursion is highly appealing unlike the Suburban with its cheap plain look.The Excursion has a very flashy exterior with its shiny grill and crystal clear lights and limo like body - the Excursion will make you look twice. With a comfortable interior you're pretty much set for the road ahead. People who review the Excursion and say its useless except for carrying up to 9 passengers and having a big cargo space; hey it's not any diffrent than the enormous Escalade ESV or the H2 Hummer (which looks like an an ARMY truck). If Ford discontinues this car it will be a huge mistake.

Favorite Features

My favorite features would have to be the reverse sensing system. The DVD & sound system are grea t - it's a theater.

Suggested Improvements

I believe the Excursion should be continued rather than making an extended Expedition. I believe they should give a better suspension, make it a bit more luxurious on the outside and still leave the power from within; it would make it mote competitive.