2000 Ford Excursion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:
I want my Excursion back !!
By Patrick E on 06/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV

6 months ago, my Excursions lease expired. At that point, I thought it was a good idea to down size. WRONG!!! Presently I am seriously considering to trade my 6 month old Jeep Grand Cherokee ltd V8 in for another new Excursion. This would mean that I am probably going to lose $10000+ in 6 month time on my Jeep. I think my opinion about this SUV speaks for it self considering that I am willing to lose a rather high amount on my present car (which is not even that bad) to get back in an Excursion.

No Comparision to Suburban
By weyandt on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV

We have now owned our Excursion for 3.5 years and love it. We owned a Suburban for 3 years before it. The Excursion is bigger, more comfortable, gets about the same gas mileage, and has more power. Our love affair with these vehicle has never ceased. Ideal for large families or for hauling.

My excursion
By Surfer Hunter Father on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Excursion XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

The only problem is that deisel fuel is not at all stations. This is really no problem as it comes with a 44 gallon monster tank! The 4wd failed in a snow storm but the dealer fixed it quickly under warranty and no problem since. I use this vehicle off road alot and it is big on narrow trails so a chain saw for trimming trails, clear coating and waxing to protect paint from scratches is a must. It has yet to get stuck and really has the power to pull loads and get through mud down to dry earth for traction. The kids fight less on long trips with this big house on wheels!

Excursion
By brooks on 05/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased my Excursion while trading in my F-150 to tow my 21' boat and 33' camping trailer and also needed the extra room (have 4 children). I could not be more pleased with the Excursion with it's towing capacity and room. My ford has the 6.8 Liter V10 and has tons of torque. The seating arangement is great. I had to pick up some items so I removed the 3rd row seat and had lots of room while still having the 2nd row available. The 3rd row seat could not be more easily removed... a quick pull on the latch and it rolls right out the back on it's built in rollers. The 2nd row seats then simply fold down if more room is needed.

Big Beast
By mike on 04/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

My wife and love this truck. The diesel engine is great with lots of power to pull, great gas mileage. Has no problem with staying in fast lane. Feel very safe driving. Great for trips and kids have lots of room to spread out.I would buy another. To bad Ford has decided to dicontinue this truck. Had a suburban before and had nothing but problems.

Big Beast
By boarhog on 04/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Once Diesel U Never Go Back
By BROWNIE BUNCH on 03/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

We love the big truck. Family of five have plenty of space for strollers and car seats etc. Gas mileage great for a big beast. Not any mechanical problems. Does seem to have a loose steering had it two places for alignment. Everythings built very good otherwise. Definately would purchase one again. By far the most awesome truck on the road. You gotta drive one!!!

Maximum Comfort
By Redeye on 03/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Its the largest and most comfortable SUV available, the massive bucket seats in the Limited edition are as luxurious an expensive home recliner. The V10 engine makes this massive machine suprisingly quick, and the positive steering makes it nimble in corners. A truly awesome cargo capacity makes it an excellent ranch vehicle, we often carry 10-15 bags of cattle feed in the back.

Excellent Excursion
By Matt c on 02/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV

This is the vehicle for large families large cargo and large towing. We love the heated seats and mileage is 12 MPG around town and 17 MPG on the road with a V10. Sad to see Ford not continuing production. Those that own one, appreciate its quality. When compared to the Suburban, it has a much better materials and build quality.

I'd definately buy another/
By pkd on 01/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Have a need for lots of space and 4wd, definately HUGE vehicle, but so what, its better than needing to haul my family and gear with two mini vans. I would buy another and may do so even thoug this is their last year. 11.2- 11.9 are my average mpg ratings on the on board computer, and I find it to be close to accurate, but that's not much worse than my old Explorer (13) or my friend's Expedition (12.4) Too bad Ford did not bother to promote this vehicle for what it is, a TRUCK with room for 8 and their gear without giving in to the whiners who have never had to drive a while in a blizzard.