2000 Ford Excursion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:
Good Start for Model Run
By John Kalinoski on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Maintenence is best left to those that deal with big diesels as there is more oil in there than any of the weekend warrior types can change easily.

Big fan of the Excursion
By Big Rig on 11/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Having just dumped my problem-plagued Windstar for a Toyota Sienna, I was very concerned about the quality of Ford products. With four kids and all their stuff, I wanted a large SUV that could had our difficult winters. I've been very pleased with my truck. At 43k, I've only had minor warranty repair work completed. Would like better gas mileage and a softer ride. The stereo sounds great. The side mirrors and rear sensors give you great vision around the vehicle.

Great Vehicle, But...
By ArkFan on 11/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV

I love my Excursion!! From my experience and from the comments of friends and family who have ridden with me, it is the best riding vehicle ever on the highway. It does ride a little rough when in town and going into and out of parking lots, etc. The "but" is that it does use a LOT of gas. I average about 15 MPG on the highway and about 10 MPG in town.

love it!!!
By trisha1454 on 10/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV

I love this thing!! I would have no complaints at all except it can drink the fuel........It is a diseal,you can run a long time on a full tank but it holds like $65.00 worth pur fill up. I get about 11-13 mpg

The bus
By zoeedd on 09/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this vehicle used with 17K and have loved it. I have the v10 and my mileage is ~11 MPG, which is the same as my 1999 Dodge Ram extended cap pickup. I have three kids in car seats which I can put next to each other in the second row. I am supprised at the pickup on the freeway, my truck will jump like a rabit at 80 MPH. I have had some problems with mine; New front 4*4 @ 25K, All new door locks at 60K, New front upper & lower ball joints @ 70K, plus new heated seat @ 70K. Luckily I bought a extended warranty from ford so I only have to pay $100 Ded for each item. I am looking forward to buying a 2004 model next year.

The Weekend Machine
By Jalen on 08/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV

I purchased my Excursion strictly for my family weekend getaways. I was a bit hesitant with the talk of gas mileage, but who buys a hog like this for gas mileage? Also seeing my Wife lounging on the back row playing with the kids during our last trip to Virginia Beach while I was in control up front makes this a worth while purchase. The SUV handles like a truck but has all the comforts of a luxury car. A DEFINITE KEEPER.

Outstanding Vehicle
By Stormin Normin on 08/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Excursion XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Actually its a 2WD XLT. Fantastic vehicle!! Hauls my 4 ton trailer like it wasn't there..seats 8 people in comfort..6.8L V-10 w/4.30 axle ratio gives great fuel economy and performance for its size. Added Edelbrock shocks and the handling is even good. This vehicle is perfect for the rough roads in the SE Michigan area...the big tires and wheels handle the bumps and holes with ease. 44 gallon fuel tank is big plus.

Love the "Bigun' "
By btdo on 08/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV

We got alot of flack for getting this car - but it's been worth it ! Easy to drive, and park. Pulls trailers and our camper with incredible ease. The gas mileage is not bad for its size, especially if you maintain the vehicle. Very comfortable for all of us (and my sons are over 6 ft tall !)Hauls everything from food to lots of people to wood to bags of concrete all with the same ease of loading and plenty of power.

The Bus
By Kevi on 07/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Since owning the bus. Have had plenty of comments from passerbys. People simply dont like this truck. I have people stare as I turn infront of them. But it is a great truck. I find it comfortable, and plenty of power. I didnt buy this truck because I was looking for fuel economy. I find it is very safe for my wife and kids. I know if they are involved in an accident, they will walk away..

LOVE IT
By wade on 06/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Excursion XLT 4dr SUV

I thoroughly enjoy driving the excursion. It is an automobile that I feel safe in and have good visibility. The Excursion for us has been great for pulling our horse trailer and for hauling the high school tennis team. Wish you would continue to make them.