2000 Ford Excursion SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:
I would buy another
By Lisa on 01/03/06 20:01 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

When we purchased this SUV we needed something that was big enough to tote around our very active children and be reliable, safe and spacious. We have had to fix a few things in the SUV, but we have been very satisfied with it. We love driving our Ford Excursion and would purchase another one again. Maybe a diesel for fuel economy. It is pricey to fill the tank.

My Excursion
By Ryan Goodlett on 12/01/05 19:23 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Excursion SUV XLT 4dr SUV

One thing is that people forget that the Excursion is built on an F250 chassis, thats why it does not ride like a SUV. Also I have never done anything other than preventive maintenance.

Exceeded my expectations
By Bob from Hubbard on 06/29/05 16:17 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Excursion SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

We were looking for a vehicle with some power. We still have teenagers at home so a truck was out and we already had gone the van route. I didn't even know that Ford made such an animal. We test drove Chevy Suburbans but nothing in our price range performed like our 'X'. The 'X' (affectionate name Excursion owners have for their vehicles) is not your average grocery getter SUV. It is made with a purpose that suited ours perfectly. Ours also has the 4.30 optional gears as well. It pulls our travel trailer with plenty of power to spare. My wife had already driven vans so the mirrors were no problem. This is a big station wagon with lots of guts. Other than the fuel economy, this SUV rocks!

Big ole Truck
By Red on 05/30/05 02:17 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Excursion SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Well, I have wanted one of these for a while; haven't had it too long, but so far it is everything I wanted in a truck. Used it for a long road trip to see family/friends, got 13.5 miles a gallon, drove in extreme comfort. Also have a 1997 Kia Sephia and didn't want to drive it this far, so I bought my Excursion, and I absolutely love it. People see this thing coming and get out of the way. Took out third seat and laid a full size air mattress in the back, love all the power options, and the power/manual hubs for the 4X4. And all the room in this thing. Buying used it was cheaper than you think.

THE BIG BAD BULLY
By BIG BOLD AND LUXURY on 05/07/05 02:24 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4dr SUV

Well what can I say the Excursion is the biggest SUV out there with just about everything you need on board. The Excursion is highly appealing unlike the Suburban with its cheap plain look.The Excursion has a very flashy exterior with its shiny grill and crystal clear lights and limo like body - the Excursion will make you look twice. With a comfortable interior you're pretty much set for the road ahead. People who review the Excursion and say its useless except for carrying up to 9 passengers and having a big cargo space; hey it's not any diffrent than the enormous Escalade ESV or the H2 Hummer (which looks like an an ARMY truck). If Ford discontinues this car it will be a huge mistake.

Excursion
By cmario on 04/02/05 07:17 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Big, spacious hauler with plenty of room for our three kids and two dogs. The Excursion is our main vehicle for our weekly trips to the ski slops in Vermont and there is no better truck on the road to handle the weather we drive in. The diesel gets around 16-18 mpg and stays about the same even when towing a 9,000 lb tractor. I am replacing this truck with an '05 Excursion. I had two Suburbans before this truck, and they did not have the hauling and towing capacity as this truck has.

2000 Excursion / Roomy
By MIKE W on 03/11/05 07:50 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Excursion SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Vehicle has been very dependable. Plenty of room. Features are great. Better mileage than expected for its size and larger gas engine. If you need a large SUV and realize that it will not provide you with 30 mpg, this is a great vehicle.

Big Boy!!!
By gambroise on 11/12/04 13:03 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Excursion SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle turn heads everywhere you go. Other cars move out the way when they see you coming. You are in control all the time. You just have to remember when you are driving this vehicle that other people lives are in your hands. So you have to be alert at all times, especially when you are on the highways. Trying to find parking with this vehicle is very tough and make sure you make enough money to afford filling up the gas tank every week. Overall I think this is a great car but one has to make sure that this is not their main vehicle because using it everyday would definently put a deep hole in your pockets.

NOT TOO big
By dptree on 11/11/04 08:33 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Drove Broncos for 20 years and needed a reaplacement. Before I bought this, I had nightmares about not fitting into places. After a 105 inch wheelbase, this was huge. I LOVE this vehicle and everything about it. I have the V10/4.30 and it hauls my horse trailer like it's not even there. It's super-stable on the road, great comfort and space for long road trips and my most favorite thing about it is the look of the front end. Although the gas mileage isn't my favorite thing about the Excursion, it's worth it for the look, ride, and the safe feel of LARGE. I wish Ford would continue to make this vehicle.

We Survived & It Lived
By Joe&Sheila on 07/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4dr SUV

All I can say is I bought for safety and it paid off! Previous Montero owner - wife wanted a bigger SUV - so we bought the biggest. We were involved in a multi-car crash on the freeway complete with airbag deployment and NO injuries in our SUV. We trashed everyone elses car - $10K to fix the Big Black Truck - and we won't get anything else! This thing is a tank and rides/runs/looks as good as new - honestly. If you don't have one of these things - don't drive without insurance!!!