Used 2000 Ford Excursion SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Excursion - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Excursion SUV

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:

love my truck
By schlottke

2000 Ford Excursion SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

my excursion has been one of my best purchases ide buy another . only problems i have had is with my door locks and had to replace the back door hinges . never a problem with the motor and winter time this truck will get me anywhere i want to go and i live in the country and alot of gravel roads and truck is still running great and its a 2000 module. another thing though i have noticed my mpg have dropped to 10.5

Favorite Features

i love the space it has

Wow
By big tom

2000 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

What a ride, my kids really enjoy the ride, gas is ok on long trips. It beats taking two cars with gear. It also pulls a load well

Favorite Features

Comfortable

Suggested Improvements

Turn signal, wipers switch

Love my 5.4 Excursion
By shannon

2000 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased this from a friend who didn't need it anymore. I love this vehicle, and really don't see what the big deal is about size. This is the same chasis as a crew cab short bed truck and there are tons of them on the road! Don't dismiss this little gas engine either. Not only does it have enough power for trailering, it gets over 14 mpg average. I wish people wouldn't have bashed this as badly as they had. I will look for more of these trucks to replace this one when it wears out.

Favorite Features

Tons of room and great for pulling. I love the interior and looks of this truck.

Suggested Improvements

Better mirrors would be nice

These are the last of the Great American
By A. C. Roberson

2000 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought mine used with only 4k miles and it was 2 years old. The only bad part was having to replace the front drive axle on the long side. I own and operate my bike shop and I noticed that the new axle had a redesigned u- joint. I kept the old one in case I need it since Ford does not replace the u-joint but the whole unit. Other than that, I have had to disassemble the locking hubs everytime they need grease. Plus replace the battery after 7 years. The upside is that this truck does not get any worse gas mileage than a regular pickup. The MPG does not care if I am loaded down and towing or running empty. This is mostly due to the transmission "learning" as it goes.

Favorite Features

The 4WD is awesome! I like having the option of manually locking the hubs for those bad ice storms. I have seen auto lock systems of all kinds foul up when you need them. The seating is the best. The third row is made for grown ups and is really comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

With recent technology going for the multi displacement (where cylinders not needed for power have the fuel shut off) I hope that someone will look at programming the ECU (brains) on these to do that. I hate that all the shock of seeing these trucks lead to their demise. Suburbans are as low mpg.

Great tow vehicle and very comfortable
By AL D

2000 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4dr SUV

I bought this 2000 Excuriosn to tow a 6500lb travel trailer. It has exceeded my expectations! Very comfortable on long trips, tows smoothly and handles well for such a big truck. I have the V10 which is efficient and very strong. I average 13 mpg towing at 60mph, and 17 highway not towing, with 4-6 passengers. This is a great truck.

Favorite Features

Looks, comfort, interior, V10 engine, tow package

Suggested Improvements

Mileage could always be better, but it is already higher than smaller v8 equipped SUVs.