Used 2000 Ford Excursion Limited SUV Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Excursion SUV - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Excursion SUV

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:

Wish I could buy another new Excusrion!
By Allen Bond

2000 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4dr SUV

Best vehicle I have ever owned, by far! I can haul 7 adults on a long vacation trip in comfort, with all the luggage they care to take (eliminating the need for at least one additional car) and everyone is very safe in this WELL BUILT beast! I got the diesel engine (7.3 liter turbo diesel) which is the ONLY way to go with a vehicle with an empty weight of 7,260 pounds. It accelerates like it has solid rocket boosters if called on. Fuel economy with the "economy" rear end is impressive. Car loaded, at 45 mph on flat roads, I get 26 mpg!!! That drops to 16 when pulling a 9,500 pound trailer on hilly terrain. Average is around 17 - 19 including city. Even with the economy rear end it has the power to pull my house off the foundation if I wanted, I think.
I know why the resale value on these vehicles is so amazingly high! They are also the darlings of the trade show circuit, able to haul whatever is needed, and still nimbly navigate among trade show inside spaces.

Perfect SUV!
By pacquio78

2000 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4dr SUV

As Many Of The People Who've Read My Review On The 99' ML430 I Drive My Cars Until They're Dead! And My Excursion 2WD Limited 7.3 Is No Exception! Driven It About 250,000 Miles Now! And The Reliability Is Absolutely Perfect! I Proved Everyone Wrong Who Said Don't Buy An American Car When I Bought My Big Blue! (It's A Dark Blue-Purplish Color) She's A Little Dented Up Here And There, But Overall Still An Excellent Vehicle! I'm Keeping This Until The Wheels Fall Off! Though I Can't Say That's Gonna Happen!

Size! The 7.3's Towing Capabilities! Super Duty Like Chassis!

Nothing At All!

Great tow vehicle and very comfortable
By AL D

2000 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4dr SUV

I bought this 2000 Excuriosn to tow a 6500lb travel trailer. It has exceeded my expectations! Very comfortable on long trips, tows smoothly and handles well for such a big truck. I have the V10 which is efficient and very strong. I average 13 mpg towing at 60mph, and 17 highway not towing, with 4-6 passengers. This is a great truck.

Looks, comfort, interior, V10 engine, tow package

Mileage could always be better, but it is already higher than smaller v8 equipped SUVs.

Six years and still going strong
By North Dallas 40

2000 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4dr SUV

I purchased my 2000 Excursion Limited Diesel back in 2001 with one eye open, not sure what to expect. My wife had just totaled our 2001 Suburban and I was looking for a diesel. Six years later, I have not had a single reliablity issue with the truck. Other than routine maintenance (brakes, hoses, fluids, etc...), the truck has given us 131,000 trouble free miles. I get 17mpg around town, and 23 on the highway. I am 6'4"/330lbs and I am very comfortable in the truck. I plan on keeping this vehicle for many more years, or until it gives up the ghost.

7.3 litre turbo-diesel. Excellent MPG for a truck this size. DVD system. Limited leather. Yes, it fits in my garage! Decent sound system

Ford brakes are not the best. As of July 20th, 2007, I am on my third set of front rotors. Ford should have beefed up the already brawny brakes.

Love my Excursion
By Roxy

2000 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4dr SUV

This Excursion drive and rides like a dream. It is great on long trips, what a cruiser. I like the looks of it. The interior is so comfortable and roomy. You can haul just about anything. Ours is a diesel and not 4x4 so our mileage is not too bad. The bet we did was 19.75 and usually about 18 mpg. So for a rig this big that's not too bad. It is not the easiest thing to park.

Comfortable leather seats. Easy to drive. The stereo sounds great. Heated seats.

I really don't have any cons on the vehicle.