2000 Ford Excursion SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:
Perfect SUV!
By pacquio78 on 11/10/12 22:44 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4dr SUV

As Many Of The People Who've Read My Review On The 99' ML430 I Drive My Cars Until They're Dead! And My Excursion 2WD Limited 7.3 Is No Exception! Driven It About 250,000 Miles Now! And The Reliability Is Absolutely Perfect! I Proved Everyone Wrong Who Said Don't Buy An American Car When I Bought My Big Blue! (It's A Dark Blue-Purplish Color) She's A Little Dented Up Here And There, But Overall Still An Excellent Vehicle! I'm Keeping This Until The Wheels Fall Off! Though I Can't Say That's Gonna Happen!

Great tow vehicle and very comfortable
By AL D on 02/04/08 12:01 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4dr SUV

I bought this 2000 Excuriosn to tow a 6500lb travel trailer. It has exceeded my expectations! Very comfortable on long trips, tows smoothly and handles well for such a big truck. I have the V10 which is efficient and very strong. I average 13 mpg towing at 60mph, and 17 highway not towing, with 4-6 passengers. This is a great truck.

Six years and still going strong
By North Dallas 40 on 07/26/07 11:54 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4dr SUV

I purchased my 2000 Excursion Limited Diesel back in 2001 with one eye open, not sure what to expect. My wife had just totaled our 2001 Suburban and I was looking for a diesel. Six years later, I have not had a single reliablity issue with the truck. Other than routine maintenance (brakes, hoses, fluids, etc...), the truck has given us 131,000 trouble free miles. I get 17mpg around town, and 23 on the highway. I am 6'4"/330lbs and I am very comfortable in the truck. I plan on keeping this vehicle for many more years, or until it gives up the ghost.

Love my Excursion
By Roxy on 03/04/07 12:58 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4dr SUV

This Excursion drive and rides like a dream. It is great on long trips, what a cruiser. I like the looks of it. The interior is so comfortable and roomy. You can haul just about anything. Ours is a diesel and not 4x4 so our mileage is not too bad. The bet we did was 19.75 and usually about 18 mpg. So for a rig this big that's not too bad. It is not the easiest thing to park.

THE BIG BAD BULLY
By BIG BOLD AND LUXURY on 05/07/05 02:24 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4dr SUV

Well what can I say the Excursion is the biggest SUV out there with just about everything you need on board. The Excursion is highly appealing unlike the Suburban with its cheap plain look.The Excursion has a very flashy exterior with its shiny grill and crystal clear lights and limo like body - the Excursion will make you look twice. With a comfortable interior you're pretty much set for the road ahead. People who review the Excursion and say its useless except for carrying up to 9 passengers and having a big cargo space; hey it's not any diffrent than the enormous Escalade ESV or the H2 Hummer (which looks like an an ARMY truck). If Ford discontinues this car it will be a huge mistake.

We Survived & It Lived
By Joe&Sheila on 07/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4dr SUV

All I can say is I bought for safety and it paid off! Previous Montero owner - wife wanted a bigger SUV - so we bought the biggest. We were involved in a multi-car crash on the freeway complete with airbag deployment and NO injuries in our SUV. We trashed everyone elses car - $10K to fix the Big Black Truck - and we won't get anything else! This thing is a tank and rides/runs/looks as good as new - honestly. If you don't have one of these things - don't drive without insurance!!!

I LOVE My Excursion
By paper on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4dr SUV

We bought this SUV because of our family size and we do a lot of out door activities. The whole family could not be more happy and comfortable. For me there is no more gut wrentching tows up the mountains with out travel trailer.

Great Vehicle, But...
By ArkFan on 11/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4dr SUV

I love my Excursion!! From my experience and from the comments of friends and family who have ridden with me, it is the best riding vehicle ever on the highway. It does ride a little rough when in town and going into and out of parking lots, etc. The "but" is that it does use a LOT of gas. I average about 15 MPG on the highway and about 10 MPG in town.

love it!!!
By trisha1454 on 10/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4dr SUV

I love this thing!! I would have no complaints at all except it can drink the fuel........It is a diseal,you can run a long time on a full tank but it holds like $65.00 worth pur fill up. I get about 11-13 mpg

The Weekend Machine
By Jalen on 08/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4dr SUV

I purchased my Excursion strictly for my family weekend getaways. I was a bit hesitant with the talk of gas mileage, but who buys a hog like this for gas mileage? Also seeing my Wife lounging on the back row playing with the kids during our last trip to Virginia Beach while I was in control up front makes this a worth while purchase. The SUV handles like a truck but has all the comforts of a luxury car. A DEFINITE KEEPER.