Used 2000 Ford Excursion SUV Consumer Reviews - 90 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Excursion SUV - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Excursion SUV

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:

Wish I could buy another new Excusrion!
By Allen Bond

2000 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4dr SUV

Best vehicle I have ever owned, by far! I can haul 7 adults on a long vacation trip in comfort, with all the luggage they care to take (eliminating the need for at least one additional car) and everyone is very safe in this WELL BUILT beast! I got the diesel engine (7.3 liter turbo diesel) which is the ONLY way to go with a vehicle with an empty weight of 7,260 pounds. It accelerates like it has solid rocket boosters if called on. Fuel economy with the "economy" rear end is impressive. Car loaded, at 45 mph on flat roads, I get 26 mpg!!! That drops to 16 when pulling a 9,500 pound trailer on hilly terrain. Average is around 17 - 19 including city. Even with the economy rear end it has the power to pull my house off the foundation if I wanted, I think.
I know why the resale value on these vehicles is so amazingly high! They are also the darlings of the trade show circuit, able to haul whatever is needed, and still nimbly navigate among trade show inside spaces.

Love my Ex
By stovetop

2000 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought it because my family outgrew the ext cab 150, many, many trips from IL to PA and many parts in between.
Wouldnt trade it for anything and now have a 6" lift with 35's on it, but its no longer my daily driver.
It has the 4.30 rear end in it, so I never got better than 11 on the highway, now I only get 10, but it pulls anything I put behind it.
She has 190K on the clock, and paid for so Im keeping this until the wheels fall off, put em back on and keep driving it.
When the V-10 gives up, Im doing the 7.3L swap....

comfort, range and power

Best vehicle I have owned
By kentwilkens

2000 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

over 250k kilometers and counting. Rock solid vehicle. Needs maintenance like any other, brakes, etc. Seats are still almost as good as new, leather. Recommend getting JBL shorty headers to replace the stock manifolds, which will eventually blow off the bolts. Gives 30% hp increase over stock. Better mileage with the headers, on the highway that is, in the city, you just get there a bit quicker. 2016 update. Still have the beast. Still running strong. Initial plan was to have it for 10 years. Now at 16 years, think I will keep it for 25 years or so. Such a versatile vehicle.

Perfect SUV!
By pacquio78

2000 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4dr SUV

As Many Of The People Who've Read My Review On The 99' ML430 I Drive My Cars Until They're Dead! And My Excursion 2WD Limited 7.3 Is No Exception! Driven It About 250,000 Miles Now! And The Reliability Is Absolutely Perfect! I Proved Everyone Wrong Who Said Don't Buy An American Car When I Bought My Big Blue! (It's A Dark Blue-Purplish Color) She's A Little Dented Up Here And There, But Overall Still An Excellent Vehicle! I'm Keeping This Until The Wheels Fall Off! Though I Can't Say That's Gonna Happen!

Size! The 7.3's Towing Capabilities! Super Duty Like Chassis!

Nothing At All!

love my truck
By schlottke

2000 Ford Excursion SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

my excursion has been one of my best purchases ide buy another . only problems i have had is with my door locks and had to replace the back door hinges . never a problem with the motor and winter time this truck will get me anywhere i want to go and i live in the country and alot of gravel roads and truck is still running great and its a 2000 module. another thing though i have noticed my mpg have dropped to 10.5

i love the space it has