Used 2000 Ford Excursion SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Excursion SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:

Love my Ex
By stovetop

2000 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought it because my family outgrew the ext cab 150, many, many trips from IL to PA and many parts in between. Wouldnt trade it for anything and now have a 6" lift with 35's on it, but its no longer my daily driver. It has the 4.30 rear end in it, so I never got better than 11 on the highway, now I only get 10, but it pulls anything I put behind it. She has 190K on the clock, and paid for so Im keeping this until the wheels fall off, put em back on and keep driving it. When the V-10 gives up, Im doing the 7.3L swap....

comfort, range and power

Best vehicle I have owned
By kentwilkens

2000 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

over 250k kilometers and counting. Rock solid vehicle. Needs maintenance like any other, brakes, etc. Seats are still almost as good as new, leather. Recommend getting JBL shorty headers to replace the stock manifolds, which will eventually blow off the bolts. Gives 30% hp increase over stock. Better mileage with the headers, on the highway that is, in the city, you just get there a bit quicker.

I love the space, we have 6 kids and with camping gear could not imagine any other vehicle. Also tows the trailer or the boat fairly well. 4x4 in winter not an option where we live.

Why would you make a Limited edition vehicle with all the bells and whistles and not put a low windshield washer warning light in it. Dumb.

Perfect SUV!
By pacquio78

2000 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4dr SUV

As Many Of The People Who've Read My Review On The 99' ML430 I Drive My Cars Until They're Dead! And My Excursion 2WD Limited 7.3 Is No Exception! Driven It About 250,000 Miles Now! And The Reliability Is Absolutely Perfect! I Proved Everyone Wrong Who Said Don't Buy An American Car When I Bought My Big Blue! (It's A Dark Blue-Purplish Color) She's A Little Dented Up Here And There, But Overall Still An Excellent Vehicle! I'm Keeping This Until The Wheels Fall Off! Though I Can't Say That's Gonna Happen!

Size! The 7.3's Towing Capabilities! Super Duty Like Chassis!

Nothing At All!

love my truck
By schlottke

2000 Ford Excursion SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

my excursion has been one of my best purchases ide buy another . only problems i have had is with my door locks and had to replace the back door hinges . never a problem with the motor and winter time this truck will get me anywhere i want to go and i live in the country and alot of gravel roads and truck is still running great and its a 2000 module. another thing though i have noticed my mpg have dropped to 10.5

i love the space it has

2000 Limited 4wd
By Scott F

2000 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this last August and was only going to use as a occasional driver. This vehicle can't be stopped performance wise so far. This year we finally had snow in the winter and we went anywhere we needed. I think we could have probably gone in the snow without 4wd. My only complaint is the little things such as the rear door/hatch latches getting dirty and causing a false door ajar and causing the interior lights to stay on. It is more of aggravation than cost. Lower cup holders do not hold cups tight and can allow to turn over.

size of vehicle and ease of driving

better cup holders and better door ajar switches