Used 2000 Ford Excursion SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Excursion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:

Most Helpful|
6.8 V10 Gas
By Krishneel

2000 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I am not the type of person that would write reviews online but I thought I share my owning experience. I always wanted the diesel on but this one was more affordable. I love the power, the towing, and comfort this vehicle has provided me with. Was better than I thought. The gas isn't too bad like they all say. I was nervous about the V10 but by far the best I had

Favorite Features

The power, room, and the capabilities

Suggested Improvements

Start making them again so I can get the next one

2000 Limited 4wd
By Scott F

2000 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this last August and was only going to use as a occasional driver. This vehicle can't be stopped performance wise so far. This year we finally had snow in the winter and we went anywhere we needed. I think we could have probably gone in the snow without 4wd. My only complaint is the little things such as the rear door/hatch latches getting dirty and causing a false door ajar and causing the interior lights to stay on. It is more of aggravation than cost. Lower cup holders do not hold cups tight and can allow to turn over.

Favorite Features

size of vehicle and ease of driving

Suggested Improvements

better cup holders and better door ajar switches

The Best
By Anon

2000 Ford Excursion SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

One of the best vehicles I have owned. The 6.8 V10 engine is not that good on gas mileage, but could really haul something down the road. It sits very comfortably and is still running strong today with it just going over 325,000 miles.

Favorite Features

4x4 feature, stereo system, interior design.

Suggested Improvements

None. It's perfect! Bring it back on the production line!

THE BIG BAD BULLY
By BIG BOLD AND LUXURY

2000 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4dr SUV

Well what can I say the Excursion is the biggest SUV out there with just about everything you need on board. The Excursion is highly appealing unlike the Suburban with its cheap plain look.The Excursion has a very flashy exterior with its shiny grill and crystal clear lights and limo like body - the Excursion will make you look twice. With a comfortable interior you're pretty much set for the road ahead. People who review the Excursion and say its useless except for carrying up to 9 passengers and having a big cargo space; hey it's not any diffrent than the enormous Escalade ESV or the H2 Hummer (which looks like an an ARMY truck). If Ford discontinues this car it will be a huge mistake.

Favorite Features

My favorite features would have to be the reverse sensing system. The DVD & sound system are grea t - it's a theater.

Suggested Improvements

I believe the Excursion should be continued rather than making an extended Expedition. I believe they should give a better suspension, make it a bit more luxurious on the outside and still leave the power from within; it would make it mote competitive.

Perfect SUV!
By pacquio78

2000 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4dr SUV

As Many Of The People Who've Read My Review On The 99' ML430 I Drive My Cars Until They're Dead! And My Excursion 2WD Limited 7.3 Is No Exception! Driven It About 250,000 Miles Now! And The Reliability Is Absolutely Perfect! I Proved Everyone Wrong Who Said Don't Buy An American Car When I Bought My Big Blue! (It's A Dark Blue-Purplish Color) She's A Little Dented Up Here And There, But Overall Still An Excellent Vehicle! I'm Keeping This Until The Wheels Fall Off! Though I Can't Say That's Gonna Happen!

Favorite Features

Size! The 7.3's Towing Capabilities! Super Duty Like Chassis!

Suggested Improvements

Nothing At All!