Used 2000 Ford Excursion Limited Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Excursion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:

Love my Ex
By stovetop

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought it because my family outgrew the ext cab 150, many, many trips from IL to PA and many parts in between. Wouldnt trade it for anything and now have a 6" lift with 35's on it, but its no longer my daily driver. It has the 4.30 rear end in it, so I never got better than 11 on the highway, now I only get 10, but it pulls anything I put behind it. She has 190K on the clock, and paid for so Im keeping this until the wheels fall off, put em back on and keep driving it. When the V-10 gives up, Im doing the 7.3L swap....

comfort, range and power

Best vehicle I have owned
By kentwilkens

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

over 250k kilometers and counting. Rock solid vehicle. Needs maintenance like any other, brakes, etc. Seats are still almost as good as new, leather. Recommend getting JBL shorty headers to replace the stock manifolds, which will eventually blow off the bolts. Gives 30% hp increase over stock. Better mileage with the headers, on the highway that is, in the city, you just get there a bit quicker.

I love the space, we have 6 kids and with camping gear could not imagine any other vehicle. Also tows the trailer or the boat fairly well. 4x4 in winter not an option where we live.

Why would you make a Limited edition vehicle with all the bells and whistles and not put a low windshield washer warning light in it. Dumb.

2000 Limited 4wd
By Scott F

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this last August and was only going to use as a occasional driver. This vehicle can't be stopped performance wise so far. This year we finally had snow in the winter and we went anywhere we needed. I think we could have probably gone in the snow without 4wd. My only complaint is the little things such as the rear door/hatch latches getting dirty and causing a false door ajar and causing the interior lights to stay on. It is more of aggravation than cost. Lower cup holders do not hold cups tight and can allow to turn over.

size of vehicle and ease of driving

better cup holders and better door ajar switches

Should've got the diesel
By Greg

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I have had to do a lot of repair work on this truck. I guess ford designed things to wear out around 100k. Just replaced the engine due to 2 broken valve springs #5 & #10. Hub bearings at 85k, various ciols and injectors. Should have waited for a diesel. Great for hauling the family around, feels safer being bigger than most everyone else. Added air intake and cat back. Mileage went up from 10 to 12 unloaded, is around 9.5 pulling a small landscaping trailer.

SIZE

Improve life of parts.

6.8 V10 Gas
By Krishneel

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I am not the type of person that would write reviews online but I thought I share my owning experience. I always wanted the diesel on but this one was more affordable. I love the power, the towing, and comfort this vehicle has provided me with. Was better than I thought. The gas isn't too bad like they all say. I was nervous about the V10 but by far the best I had

The power, room, and the capabilities

Start making them again so I can get the next one