2000 Ford Excursion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:
Love my Ex
By stovetop on 08/09/13 03:35 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought it because my family outgrew the ext cab 150, many, many trips from IL to PA and many parts in between. Wouldnt trade it for anything and now have a 6" lift with 35's on it, but its no longer my daily driver. It has the 4.30 rear end in it, so I never got better than 11 on the highway, now I only get 10, but it pulls anything I put behind it. She has 190K on the clock, and paid for so Im keeping this until the wheels fall off, put em back on and keep driving it. When the V-10 gives up, Im doing the 7.3L swap....

Best vehicle I have owned
By kentwilkens on 06/11/13 16:37 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

over 250k kilometers and counting. Rock solid vehicle. Needs maintenance like any other, brakes, etc. Seats are still almost as good as new, leather. Recommend getting JBL shorty headers to replace the stock manifolds, which will eventually blow off the bolts. Gives 30% hp increase over stock. Better mileage with the headers, on the highway that is, in the city, you just get there a bit quicker.

2000 Limited 4wd
By Scott F on 04/13/10 10:03 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this last August and was only going to use as a occasional driver. This vehicle can't be stopped performance wise so far. This year we finally had snow in the winter and we went anywhere we needed. I think we could have probably gone in the snow without 4wd. My only complaint is the little things such as the rear door/hatch latches getting dirty and causing a false door ajar and causing the interior lights to stay on. It is more of aggravation than cost. Lower cup holders do not hold cups tight and can allow to turn over.

Should've got the diesel
By Greg on 02/21/10 21:21 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I have had to do a lot of repair work on this truck. I guess ford designed things to wear out around 100k. Just replaced the engine due to 2 broken valve springs #5 & #10. Hub bearings at 85k, various ciols and injectors. Should have waited for a diesel. Great for hauling the family around, feels safer being bigger than most everyone else. Added air intake and cat back. Mileage went up from 10 to 12 unloaded, is around 9.5 pulling a small landscaping trailer.

6.8 V10 Gas
By Krishneel on 02/03/09 21:52 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I am not the type of person that would write reviews online but I thought I share my owning experience. I always wanted the diesel on but this one was more affordable. I love the power, the towing, and comfort this vehicle has provided me with. Was better than I thought. The gas isn't too bad like they all say. I was nervous about the V10 but by far the best I had

Love my Excursion
By excursion"r"great on 12/03/08 14:11 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

The biggest problem that annoyed me was the rattling of the doors when off road. But overall and for its size the vehicle handled very well.

I found my soul mate
By Battlestar on 06/05/08 19:40 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

What a great workhorse, and comfortable on any road trip. Great for hauling horse trailers and campers. The interior space can't be beat. This vehicle has endured some astonishing off-road experiences without any complaints. Had to replace door lock actuators at about 125,000 miles. No other maintenance issues. It's a keeper!

Wish Ford would build them again
By dad on 04/17/08 00:16 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this for the size, and diesel, 4x4. The 1st thing I did is put a hypertec programmer and a 4inch exhaust on for better power as I felt it lacked. I pull a 38ft travel trailer.it has been all over the US with very few problems. I have just the regular MA things to do. I avearge 24.5 mpg on the Hwy and 19 in the city ,not bad for a big SUV diesel. I do wish the chassis was long like the 4 door trucks Ford has, it would pull smoother. But overall I love this truck and the size.

These are the last of the Great American
By A. C. Roberson on 11/11/07 18:51 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought mine used with only 4k miles and it was 2 years old. The only bad part was having to replace the front drive axle on the long side. I own and operate my bike shop and I noticed that the new axle had a redesigned u- joint. I kept the old one in case I need it since Ford does not replace the u-joint but the whole unit. Other than that, I have had to disassemble the locking hubs everytime they need grease. Plus replace the battery after 7 years. The upside is that this truck does not get any worse gas mileage than a regular pickup. The MPG does not care if I am loaded down and towing or running empty. This is mostly due to the transmission "learning" as it goes.

Wow
By big tom on 10/27/07 21:50 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

What a ride, my kids really enjoy the ride, gas is ok on long trips. It beats taking two cars with gear. It also pulls a load well