2000 Ford Excursion Limited Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Excursion - Consumer Reviews

2000 Excursion Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:

Sort Reviews by

Perfect SUV!
By pacquio78

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV

As Many Of The People Who've Read My Review On The 99' ML430 I Drive My Cars Until They're Dead! And My Excursion 2WD Limited 7.3 Is No Exception! Driven It About 250,000 Miles Now! And The Reliability Is Absolutely Perfect! I Proved Everyone Wrong Who Said Don't Buy An American Car When I Bought My Big Blue! (It's A Dark Blue-Purplish Color) She's A Little Dented Up Here And There, But Overall Still An Excellent Vehicle! I'm Keeping This Until The Wheels Fall Off! Though I Can't Say That's Gonna Happen!

Favorite Features

Size! The 7.3's Towing Capabilities! Super Duty Like Chassis!

Suggested Improvements

Nothing At All!

Great tow vehicle and very comfortable
By AL D

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV

I bought this 2000 Excuriosn to tow a 6500lb travel trailer. It has exceeded my expectations! Very comfortable on long trips, tows smoothly and handles well for such a big truck. I have the V10 which is efficient and very strong. I average 13 mpg towing at 60mph, and 17 highway not towing, with 4-6 passengers. This is a great truck.

Favorite Features

Looks, comfort, interior, V10 engine, tow package

Suggested Improvements

Mileage could always be better, but it is already higher than smaller v8 equipped SUVs.

Six years and still going strong
By North Dallas 40

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV

I purchased my 2000 Excursion Limited Diesel back in 2001 with one eye open, not sure what to expect. My wife had just totaled our 2001 Suburban and I was looking for a diesel. Six years later, I have not had a single reliablity issue with the truck. Other than routine maintenance (brakes, hoses, fluids, etc...), the truck has given us 131,000 trouble free miles. I get 17mpg around town, and 23 on the highway. I am 6'4"/330lbs and I am very comfortable in the truck. I plan on keeping this vehicle for many more years, or until it gives up the ghost.

Favorite Features

7.3 litre turbo-diesel. Excellent MPG for a truck this size. DVD system. Limited leather. Yes, it fits in my garage! Decent sound system

Suggested Improvements

Ford brakes are not the best. As of July 20th, 2007, I am on my third set of front rotors. Ford should have beefed up the already brawny brakes.

Love my Excursion
By Roxy

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV

This Excursion drive and rides like a dream. It is great on long trips, what a cruiser. I like the looks of it. The interior is so comfortable and roomy. You can haul just about anything. Ours is a diesel and not 4x4 so our mileage is not too bad. The bet we did was 19.75 and usually about 18 mpg. So for a rig this big that's not too bad. It is not the easiest thing to park.

Favorite Features

Comfortable leather seats. Easy to drive. The stereo sounds great. Heated seats.

Suggested Improvements

I really don't have any cons on the vehicle.

THE BIG BAD BULLY
By BIG BOLD AND LUXURY

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV

Well what can I say the Excursion is the biggest SUV out there with just about everything you need on board. The Excursion is highly appealing unlike the Suburban with its cheap plain look.The Excursion has a very flashy exterior with its shiny grill and crystal clear lights and limo like body - the Excursion will make you look twice. With a comfortable interior you're pretty much set for the road ahead. People who review the Excursion and say its useless except for carrying up to 9 passengers and having a big cargo space; hey it's not any diffrent than the enormous Escalade ESV or the H2 Hummer (which looks like an an ARMY truck). If Ford discontinues this car it will be a huge mistake.

Favorite Features

My favorite features would have to be the reverse sensing system. The DVD & sound system are grea t - it's a theater.

Suggested Improvements

I believe the Excursion should be continued rather than making an extended Expedition. I believe they should give a better suspension, make it a bit more luxurious on the outside and still leave the power from within; it would make it mote competitive.

We Survived & It Lived
By Joe&Sheila

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV

All I can say is I bought for safety and it paid off! Previous Montero owner - wife wanted a bigger SUV - so we bought the biggest. We were involved in a multi-car crash on the freeway complete with airbag deployment and NO injuries in our SUV. We trashed everyone elses car - $10K to fix the Big Black Truck - and we won't get anything else! This thing is a tank and rides/runs/looks as good as new - honestly. If you don't have one of these things - don't drive without insurance!!!

Favorite Features

Style, Design, Safety, Load Capacity and the Big V10!!!! We travel alot and even though we use all 44 gallons of fuel - there is no place this thing can't get to - and still carry everything we could possibly need with us!

Suggested Improvements

Build More!!

I LOVE My Excursion
By paper

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV

We bought this SUV because of our family size and we do a lot of out door activities. The whole family could not be more happy and comfortable. For me there is no more gut wrentching tows up the mountains with out travel trailer.

Favorite Features

Performance and roominess

Great Vehicle, But...
By ArkFan

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV

I love my Excursion!! From my experience and from the comments of friends and family who have ridden with me, it is the best riding vehicle ever on the highway. It does ride a little rough when in town and going into and out of parking lots, etc. The "but" is that it does use a LOT of gas. I average about 15 MPG on the highway and about 10 MPG in town.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the roominess, ride on the highway and general comfort.

Suggested Improvements

It is a MUST to have the trailer mirrors with the convex mirrors built- in. They will save you if you use them.

love it!!!
By trisha1454

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV

I love this thing!! I would have no complaints at all except it can drink the fuel........It is a diseal,you can run a long time on a full tank but it holds like $65.00 worth pur fill up. I get about 11-13 mpg

Favorite Features

The room it has. I enjoy that if a large group is going somewhere we can all ride togeather. I feel very safe in the ride

Suggested Improvements

better gas milage......

The Weekend Machine
By Jalen

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV

I purchased my Excursion strictly for my family weekend getaways. I was a bit hesitant with the talk of gas mileage, but who buys a hog like this for gas mileage? Also seeing my Wife lounging on the back row playing with the kids during our last trip to Virginia Beach while I was in control up front makes this a worth while purchase. The SUV handles like a truck but has all the comforts of a luxury car. A DEFINITE KEEPER.

Favorite Features

The most I enjoy is the back up sensor it beeps when you are in reverse and you are too close to an object.

Suggested Improvements

Well seeing that this is a 2000, I am sure they have thought of making the cup holders deeper, they are strictly for a Big Gulp width. Captain chairs instead of the middle row (2003 Model).