2000 Ford Excursion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:
love my truck
By schlottke on 11/03/11 20:19 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Excursion XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

my excursion has been one of my best purchases ide buy another . only problems i have had is with my door locks and had to replace the back door hinges . never a problem with the motor and winter time this truck will get me anywhere i want to go and i live in the country and alot of gravel roads and truck is still running great and its a 2000 module. another thing though i have noticed my mpg have dropped to 10.5

Over 100,000 and going strong!!
By Glen on 06/10/09 20:18 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Excursion XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

My X just went over 100 Grand and is still going strong! We,ve been all over the US, East Coast, West Coast, Both Disneys, Etc. The Best Truck I've ever owned. Power, Big and Dependable. After 9 years and five adopted kids, I plan to drive her til the axles fall off. Best thing is NOW she's paid for, Yea!

Mostly Pleased...
By GuyInIndiana on 04/28/09 19:33 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Excursion XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased this used truck for towing, however, my 2000 XLT only has a 5.4L V8. Edmunds says the base engine is a V10 6.? something. I pulled my new camper of 4100# for 280 miles... refueled 32 gallons. OUCH... but... it pulled it very well. I noticed on the main page for the 2000 Excursion, my 5.4 V8 isn't mentioned as an option in the 4 wheel drive, which mine is. Overall, I'm happy with it. It's a very solid ride.

The Best
By Anon on 01/18/09 08:39 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Excursion XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

One of the best vehicles I have owned. The 6.8 V10 engine is not that good on gas mileage, but could really haul something down the road. It sits very comfortably and is still running strong today with it just going over 325,000 miles.

Great family vacation vehicle
By jack on 11/29/06 08:30 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Excursion XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Great vehicle for towing a big camper with stability and power. Had problems with rotors that was warrantied twice but replaced three times. 13mpg. Can haul everything but it is a long vehicle.

2000 Excursion
By Brian on 06/02/06 11:57 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Excursion XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I really am satisfied with my truck. I have never found a load I couldn't tow. It's comfortable for trips with two children and two dogs. Fuel usage, well it is a big vehicle with a V10, and that's all I have to say about that. I'd buy it again!

Exceeded my expectations
By Bob from Hubbard on 06/29/05 16:17 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Excursion XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

We were looking for a vehicle with some power. We still have teenagers at home so a truck was out and we already had gone the van route. I didn't even know that Ford made such an animal. We test drove Chevy Suburbans but nothing in our price range performed like our 'X'. The 'X' (affectionate name Excursion owners have for their vehicles) is not your average grocery getter SUV. It is made with a purpose that suited ours perfectly. Ours also has the 4.30 optional gears as well. It pulls our travel trailer with plenty of power to spare. My wife had already driven vans so the mirrors were no problem. This is a big station wagon with lots of guts. Other than the fuel economy, this SUV rocks!

Big ole Truck
By Red on 05/30/05 02:17 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Excursion XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Well, I have wanted one of these for a while; haven't had it too long, but so far it is everything I wanted in a truck. Used it for a long road trip to see family/friends, got 13.5 miles a gallon, drove in extreme comfort. Also have a 1997 Kia Sephia and didn't want to drive it this far, so I bought my Excursion, and I absolutely love it. People see this thing coming and get out of the way. Took out third seat and laid a full size air mattress in the back, love all the power options, and the power/manual hubs for the 4X4. And all the room in this thing. Buying used it was cheaper than you think.

2000 Excursion / Roomy
By MIKE W on 03/11/05 07:50 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Excursion XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Vehicle has been very dependable. Plenty of room. Features are great. Better mileage than expected for its size and larger gas engine. If you need a large SUV and realize that it will not provide you with 30 mpg, this is a great vehicle.

Big Boy!!!
By gambroise on 11/12/04 13:03 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Excursion XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle turn heads everywhere you go. Other cars move out the way when they see you coming. You are in control all the time. You just have to remember when you are driving this vehicle that other people lives are in your hands. So you have to be alert at all times, especially when you are on the highways. Trying to find parking with this vehicle is very tough and make sure you make enough money to afford filling up the gas tank every week. Overall I think this is a great car but one has to make sure that this is not their main vehicle because using it everyday would definently put a deep hole in your pockets.