Used 2000 Ford Excursion XLT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Excursion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:

blown plug
By smiley

2000 Ford Excursion XLT 4dr SUV

I enjoy driving my peppy beast. It commands alot of attention and respect on the road. I'm not saying i'm a bully but sometimes the sheer girth lets me make headway thru intersections. Its not a gas guzzler like reported or reviewed because it was not made for fuel economy. It carries and pulls. Lets be real people.

Favorite Features

I like the split fiberglass doors in the rear. They make a great speaker enclosure if so inclined.

Suggested Improvements

the door panels are flimsy, the door locks should have been recalled and the engine blows plugs....Ive lost the 3,5 and 9 plug out the block....Ford knows of this but there will never be any compensation because the engine is too common...5.4litre

Best Big vehicle ever owned
By 2000 Ford Excursion

2000 Ford Excursion XLT 4dr SUV

I bought my 2000 Excursion off the CarMax website out of Dallas Texas without even seeing it in person. I trusted the salesman & he was honest enough to tell me the truth. He said the vehicle was in great shape so I had it shipped to Houston & when I saw it I fell in love with it before I ever drove it. It was BEAUTIFUL!!! It has the towing power to pull my travel trailer without bottoming out the gas gauge and it pulls like it has nothing behind it. Does not sway and handled so much safer than the 2 previously owned Surburans I had. It has a V10 and is great on gas. On the open road I get between 15 and 20 mpg and never less than 12 while towing anything. I now have 125,000 miles.

Favorite Features

I like the computer mileage gadget & the space for my 2 big dogs that we travel with all the time. The Handling ease it has, I feel extremely safe while driving this vehicle

Suggested Improvements

I wish they still made this style. I guess my next vehicle will be a Expedition XL. Small vehicle are ok, but wreck one and you are dead. no thank you! I will stay with my big vehicle.

My Excursion
By Ryan Goodlett

2000 Ford Excursion XLT 4dr SUV

One thing is that people forget that the Excursion is built on an F250 chassis, thats why it does not ride like a SUV. Also I have never done anything other than preventive maintenance.

Favorite Features

The size.

Suggested Improvements

Keep building it.

LOVE IT
By wade

2000 Ford Excursion XLT 4dr SUV

I thoroughly enjoy driving the excursion. It is an automobile that I feel safe in and have good visibility. The Excursion for us has been great for pulling our horse trailer and for hauling the high school tennis team. Wish you would continue to make them.

Favorite Features

lots of room

Suggested Improvements

better gas milage

"THE EXCURSION EXPERIENCE"
By jerry brittain

2000 Ford Excursion XLT 4dr SUV

Ford has really out done themseleves with this vehicle. I remeber when it first came out. everyone including myself said it was way too big of a vehicle. Since actually purchasing one couldn't be happier. It fulfills all of our family needs. We espicailly like the way the vehicle can comfortably seat all of our children and their friends on ocassion. We also really enjoy driving the vehicle. for as large as it is it is extremely easy to drive.

Favorite Features

My most favorite features of this vehicle are the way is drives and the ease of operating it. The captain seats provide a very comfortable seating position for both the driver and right front passenger. I also like the ease of passenger access to the 3rd row seat.

Suggested Improvements

It seems the vehicle has a tendency to sway within its lane on the highway. I'm not sure if this is due to the front suspension or the areodynamics of the vehicle. Although I dont consider it a major problem.