2000 Ford Excursion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:
Love my Ex
By stovetop on 08/09/13 03:35 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought it because my family outgrew the ext cab 150, many, many trips from IL to PA and many parts in between. Wouldnt trade it for anything and now have a 6" lift with 35's on it, but its no longer my daily driver. It has the 4.30 rear end in it, so I never got better than 11 on the highway, now I only get 10, but it pulls anything I put behind it. She has 190K on the clock, and paid for so Im keeping this until the wheels fall off, put em back on and keep driving it. When the V-10 gives up, Im doing the 7.3L swap....

Best vehicle I have owned
By kentwilkens on 06/11/13 16:37 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

over 250k kilometers and counting. Rock solid vehicle. Needs maintenance like any other, brakes, etc. Seats are still almost as good as new, leather. Recommend getting JBL shorty headers to replace the stock manifolds, which will eventually blow off the bolts. Gives 30% hp increase over stock. Better mileage with the headers, on the highway that is, in the city, you just get there a bit quicker.

Perfect SUV!
By pacquio78 on 11/10/12 22:44 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV

As Many Of The People Who've Read My Review On The 99' ML430 I Drive My Cars Until They're Dead! And My Excursion 2WD Limited 7.3 Is No Exception! Driven It About 250,000 Miles Now! And The Reliability Is Absolutely Perfect! I Proved Everyone Wrong Who Said Don't Buy An American Car When I Bought My Big Blue! (It's A Dark Blue-Purplish Color) She's A Little Dented Up Here And There, But Overall Still An Excellent Vehicle! I'm Keeping This Until The Wheels Fall Off! Though I Can't Say That's Gonna Happen!

love my truck
By schlottke on 11/03/11 20:19 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Excursion XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

my excursion has been one of my best purchases ide buy another . only problems i have had is with my door locks and had to replace the back door hinges . never a problem with the motor and winter time this truck will get me anywhere i want to go and i live in the country and alot of gravel roads and truck is still running great and its a 2000 module. another thing though i have noticed my mpg have dropped to 10.5

2000 Limited 4wd
By Scott F on 04/13/10 10:03 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this last August and was only going to use as a occasional driver. This vehicle can't be stopped performance wise so far. This year we finally had snow in the winter and we went anywhere we needed. I think we could have probably gone in the snow without 4wd. My only complaint is the little things such as the rear door/hatch latches getting dirty and causing a false door ajar and causing the interior lights to stay on. It is more of aggravation than cost. Lower cup holders do not hold cups tight and can allow to turn over.

Should've got the diesel
By Greg on 02/21/10 21:21 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I have had to do a lot of repair work on this truck. I guess ford designed things to wear out around 100k. Just replaced the engine due to 2 broken valve springs #5 & #10. Hub bearings at 85k, various ciols and injectors. Should have waited for a diesel. Great for hauling the family around, feels safer being bigger than most everyone else. Added air intake and cat back. Mileage went up from 10 to 12 unloaded, is around 9.5 pulling a small landscaping trailer.

blown plug
By smiley on 12/21/09 21:10 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Excursion XLT 4dr SUV

I enjoy driving my peppy beast. It commands alot of attention and respect on the road. I'm not saying i'm a bully but sometimes the sheer girth lets me make headway thru intersections. Its not a gas guzzler like reported or reviewed because it was not made for fuel economy. It carries and pulls. Lets be real people.

Over 100,000 and going strong!!
By Glen on 06/10/09 20:18 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Excursion XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

My X just went over 100 Grand and is still going strong! We,ve been all over the US, East Coast, West Coast, Both Disneys, Etc. The Best Truck I've ever owned. Power, Big and Dependable. After 9 years and five adopted kids, I plan to drive her til the axles fall off. Best thing is NOW she's paid for, Yea!

Best Big vehicle ever owned
By 2000 Ford Excursion on 05/22/09 12:42 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Excursion XLT 4dr SUV

I bought my 2000 Excursion off the CarMax website out of Dallas Texas without even seeing it in person. I trusted the salesman & he was honest enough to tell me the truth. He said the vehicle was in great shape so I had it shipped to Houston & when I saw it I fell in love with it before I ever drove it. It was BEAUTIFUL!!! It has the towing power to pull my travel trailer without bottoming out the gas gauge and it pulls like it has nothing behind it. Does not sway and handled so much safer than the 2 previously owned Surburans I had. It has a V10 and is great on gas. On the open road I get between 15 and 20 mpg and never less than 12 while towing anything. I now have 125,000 miles.

Mostly Pleased...
By GuyInIndiana on 04/28/09 19:33 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Excursion XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased this used truck for towing, however, my 2000 XLT only has a 5.4L V8. Edmunds says the base engine is a V10 6.? something. I pulled my new camper of 4100# for 280 miles... refueled 32 gallons. OUCH... but... it pulled it very well. I noticed on the main page for the 2000 Excursion, my 5.4 V8 isn't mentioned as an option in the 4 wheel drive, which mine is. Overall, I'm happy with it. It's a very solid ride.