2003 Ford Escort 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Domestic Sleeper

2003 Ford Escort - Consumer Review

ZX2 Premium Coupe (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Domestic Sleeper
By Kenniff on

2003 Ford Escort ZX2 Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It's always fun watching imports pull up, and not only find out they are slower, but don't get better mpg. I can fit 3 people and luggage for a week in it and still get 35 mpg hwy. New fascia reduces cute factor, and increases enthusiast curiosity. Have aftermarket tires, rims, muffler, air intake, etc. and I never think its a rocket, nor can I hear it 3 towns away. Sure, larger people will want to avoid driving, but were not all lineman here! Although the car was well worth the 11 large, kind of wish I didn't have to install an armrest. Nonetheless, this car has more range than one might expect, as I can drive from Tampa to Miami, and still drive around the city; Fords the best US maker

Favorite Features

Great fuel economy, inexpensive, muscular yet understated styling, quicker than a last gen civic si, not seeing your car every 2 blocks, helping Uncle Sam and not out of pity.

Suggested Improvements

Quieter at idle, paint on undercarriage spare tire confounds tailgaters, 10 more hp & lb/ft would be nice, a 5 or 6 speed auto and mans trans option, an armrest, more aftermarket options, wish they still made it, jealous of euro escort!