Used 2003 Ford Escort Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:

The Idle
By zx2owner

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this vehicle for over a year now, and while it is fun to drive and rather reliable, there is one concern I have about the automobile. I recently took the ZX2 into the dealer ship for a vibration in the steering wheel (well actually the whole car) when I am at a complete stop. I was told that all the ZX2s have the same problem, and that it just "idles hard" since it is a four cylinder engigne. However, many automobiles are four cylinders and do not recieve the same problem. I was told there was nothing that could be done to alleviate the problem.

Favorite Features

The interior of the ZX2 is rather comfortable and aesthetically pleasing.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the issue with the vibration.

This car should be taken off the lineup
By sweety89

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Well the main reason why i dog this cra is because atfer driving mine for like 3 months it started breaking down i take it to get looked at and i find out that it has no motor mont then it took 3 months to get one because they claimed it was an international part. The other part i do not like is how things are so low you do not even have a arm rest you have a little hole and the stero is awful and when you put a after market one in they have to put a ugly black stero holder

Favorite Features

The gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

The whole car redisgn the car and make it looke good. Every car company has the inexpensive coupe just because its inexpensive does not mean you do not take as much pride and building as say the explorer. The car should come standard with ABS and a cd player.

48 year old female
By Treesx2

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 4th escort. I had ground effects, tinted windows and chrome rims put on this one. I get out of it and people ask me if that is my son's car! I love it. They all ask the same question, what is that? When I say an escort, they all say NO WAY!!! Its as if I wait on people to ask me the same questions, it happens with such frequency. I love this one more than I have loved my last three. And I thought I loved them, I put over a hundred thousand miles on each of my escorts. Reliable and thats why I keep coming back.

Favorite Features

The gas mileage is terrific. I also changed out the shifter to a chrome one, It just makes it more fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

UUUGH, please stop skimping on the front seats. I had to buy expensive seat covers from J.C. Whitney with lumbar supports so I could tolerate the seats. Remember, I am not a teen ager!

Zippy and Fun
By Grendeth

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have a manual ZX2 and its a wonderful fun car with great kick for a small car. Great tight looking car.

Favorite Features

Cool exterior styling especially the front

Suggested Improvements

Too much noise from engine

escort
By trish

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

my ford escort has been a great car to me. i have put alot of miles on it and it is great on gas!!!!!

Favorite Features

i like the cd player in my car and thats about it.

Suggested Improvements

this car could use a little more rrom for the people in the back