Used 2003 Ford Escort ZX2 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:

I love my Zx2
By Isabella

2003 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My very first car was an EXP, and my father bought a five speed so that I would learn to drive one. I LOVED that car, and my ZX2 reminds me of it in the way it drives. It's a fun car. It's very well made, and although I said when we were shopping that I didn't want a 2 door, and I didn't want a 4 cylinder, I didn't even want a small car...But you know? I am happy with my little car, and I am upset that Ford has discontinued them.

5 speed transmission is quick, the car has style and power. (For a 4 cylinder.)

Don't stop making them, They are so much more sporty and stylish than the Focus. I don't want to have to buy a Cavalier!

Review of my '03 ZX2
By FoXyGrL969

2003 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My experience with this car has been great, my previous car was a 91' escort, and just as that it has showed great potential. I've had no problems so far, i personally find it a very comfortable car(no i've never had to ride in the backseat of it, haha), it is great with gas, and i think will last a long time. Not to forget... it was a great price, for being 17 trying to buy a new car, i think this was perfect.

standard cd player, roomy trunk, folding back seats.

different name, it gets looked down on just because it's an escort.

My ZX2ner
By HTH9LY

2003 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my zx2 for over a year and have yet to have any mechanical problems. With a few minor engine upgrades it can kill honda's and acura's. It gets great gas milage, and handles very well. I would recommend this car to anyone looking to have a fun, fast car. It is also a safe car, believe me i know....

I like the compactness, and get up and go, also the handling

put a better stock sound system in it

Nice little car
By NorthFace

2003 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

For the price you can't beat it

Very peppy and fun to drive. Great on gas and nice looking too.

more head room and easier access to back seat

48 year old female
By Treesx2

2003 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 4th escort. I had ground effects, tinted windows and chrome rims put on this one. I get out of it and people ask me if that is my son's car! I love it. They all ask the same question, what is that? When I say an escort, they all say NO WAY!!! Its as if I wait on people to ask me the same questions, it happens with such frequency. I love this one more than I have loved my last three. And I thought I loved them, I put over a hundred thousand miles on each of my escorts. Reliable and thats why I keep coming back.

The gas mileage is terrific. I also changed out the shifter to a chrome one, It just makes it more fun to drive.

UUUGH, please stop skimping on the front seats. I had to buy expensive seat covers from J.C. Whitney with lumbar supports so I could tolerate the seats. Remember, I am not a teen ager!