2003 Ford Escort Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:
Nice little car
By NorthFace on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

For the price you can't beat it

Review of my '03 ZX2
By FoXyGrL969 on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My experience with this car has been great, my previous car was a 91' escort, and just as that it has showed great potential. I've had no problems so far, i personally find it a very comfortable car(no i've never had to ride in the backseat of it, haha), it is great with gas, and i think will last a long time. Not to forget... it was a great price, for being 17 trying to buy a new car, i think this was perfect.

Interior Room
By targetshooter on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am 6'2 / 260 and I fit just fine. I drive it on long trips and the seats are fine. Great get you there car with enough power to handle what you run into.

escort zx2
By zx2driver on 11/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought in Jan 1999. It's a fun car to drive, it's been really reliable, it looks better than the focus does. It's pretty quick, but a turbocharged zx2 would be awesome. It can be awkward to work on because of the the design, but it's nice.

Good Teenage Car
By Babygirlmegz on 11/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Good Car, Reliable, a good little car for a student to have

The Idle
By zx2owner on 10/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this vehicle for over a year now, and while it is fun to drive and rather reliable, there is one concern I have about the automobile. I recently took the ZX2 into the dealer ship for a vibration in the steering wheel (well actually the whole car) when I am at a complete stop. I was told that all the ZX2s have the same problem, and that it just "idles hard" since it is a four cylinder engigne. However, many automobiles are four cylinders and do not recieve the same problem. I was told there was nothing that could be done to alleviate the problem.

This car should be taken off the lineup
By sweety89 on 10/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Well the main reason why i dog this cra is because atfer driving mine for like 3 months it started breaking down i take it to get looked at and i find out that it has no motor mont then it took 3 months to get one because they claimed it was an international part. The other part i do not like is how things are so low you do not even have a arm rest you have a little hole and the stero is awful and when you put a after market one in they have to put a ugly black stero holder

48 year old female
By Treesx2 on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 4th escort. I had ground effects, tinted windows and chrome rims put on this one. I get out of it and people ask me if that is my son's car! I love it. They all ask the same question, what is that? When I say an escort, they all say NO WAY!!! Its as if I wait on people to ask me the same questions, it happens with such frequency. I love this one more than I have loved my last three. And I thought I loved them, I put over a hundred thousand miles on each of my escorts. Reliable and thats why I keep coming back.

Zippy and Fun
By Grendeth on 10/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have a manual ZX2 and its a wonderful fun car with great kick for a small car. Great tight looking car.

escort
By trish on 10/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

my ford escort has been a great car to me. i have put alot of miles on it and it is great on gas!!!!!