Used 2003 Ford Escort Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:

Best car I've ever owned
By Terry

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle brand new in 2003, I own the ZX2 model. It's a peppy car for a 4 cylinder but yet it still gets good gas mileage. Ford should bring this vehicle back into production I believe that it would boost their sales with any age group. The car handles well, it does shake a little while idiling, but I would definetely reccomend this car to anyone looking for a used car. It has a great sound system and comfortable front seats.

Favorite Features

I like the way the car handles and hugs the road. Very good on fuel. Great sporty look.

Suggested Improvements

Mirrors that could fold back when you park the vehicle.

Great MPGs, Fun to drive
By Bailey

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has excellent fuel economy and is so much fun to drive. For being a four cylinder it's pretty zippy and definitely stylish. Great car for work, school, or play. Definitely worth the money.

Favorite Features

5 speed manual transmission, cruise control.

Suggested Improvements

Make seats a little more comfortable.

My Ownership Experience with ZX2
By Douglas H. Sowards

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

From July 2003 till the present, my ZX2 has not needed anything except two oil changes in the 10,000 miles I have driven it. Has not needed even minor adjustments. It has nice silver paint, A/C, automatic, tilt wheel, fog lights, CD player, AM/FM stereo, tach, folding rear seat, and spoiler. Ford should have continued building this car as it was reasonably priced and very reliable.

Favorite Features

Nice size coupe and fun car to drive. Looks sporty too!

Suggested Improvements

An optional V-6 and leather interior.

It's a great car
By Christy

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been one of the best cars I have owned. It's like driving a race car. My car is a 5 speed. It drives really smooth. It handles curves really good.

Favorite Features

I like it because it's a 5 speed. It's small but still has room to move.

Suggested Improvements

The carpeting could have been a little better but besides that I have no complaints.

2003 ZX2
By Patricia Smith

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I actually love this car because it is my size. If you have people sitting in the back seat it's not so comfortable. I like to think of it as more of a two seater with some storage space. It does Idle high and is very loud, passengers usually complain. I have taken in back to ford to have them fix the Idle but it actually seems to have gotten worse. But I really love this car, it hasn't left me stranded yet!!!

Favorite Features

I like the Charcoal black interior, I fell in love with the car the moment I saw it. I also like how the back seats fold down it's great for when your moving, easier to load up. An we all know how big ford trunks are!

Suggested Improvements

Please fix the Idle, I keep thinking my stearing wheel is going vibrate off. An the car is just so loud. Not that it matters because they don't make them anymore.