Used 2003 Ford Escort ZX2 Premium Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

2003 Ford Escort Coupe

View reviews for a specific Escort model:

Great Car
By Jess_sr05

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The ZX2 is a great car! I recently got an '03 ZX2 for my 16th birthday and i love it! It's great on gas mileage, very easy to drive, and an overall fun car!

Favorite Features

Sporty exterior body, good gas mileage, great car to put sunroof in!

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of one.

Check out ZX2, better than Focus for now
By gkxp

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I like my ZX2! Styling being subjective inside and out and everyone will have their own opinion on it. I think the ZX2 is just better than the current Focus because it is MUCH quicker and that is fact! The ZX2 Escort to me is basically a car that has lived on for a decade ignoring the recent "taller is better" philosophy and is now a reliable, quick 90's car for sale in 2003.

Favorite Features

Zetec Engine makes this car more "fast and furious" than the import likes of Civic and Lancer. Perfect Moonroof Placement!

Suggested Improvements

Ford should change to blacked-out mufflers so no rust on the exhaust will show from underneath the rear bumper. Minor change, but would be nice.

Focus is better???
By track7bo

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have to disagree with Edmund's opinion that the Focus is a better car. I couldn't wait to get my car back when I had to rent a Focus for a day because my ZX2 was in the shop. It was so boring to drive and styling of the Focus just doesn't compare to that of my car. You wonder "why the ZX2 has lasted this long" ? Because it's replacement would be the UGLY EGG that they call the Focus ZX3! The only Focus that may be better than the ZX2 is the SVT Focus (which costs a considerabe amount more). The only thing the ZX2 is lacking is an SVT option. It is a GREAT car. Ford has continued production of this car for good reason.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature would have to be exterior styling. Interior styling is also nice.

Suggested Improvements

More power would be great! I wish i could see an SVT ZX2. But i don't see that happening.

Not a fun car
By jillers

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I hate this car and can't wait to trade it in for something else. I have had it for 3 months now and thought that it would grow on me. It doesn't. I get passed on the freeways all of the time cause it has no power. For some reason the exhaust goes into the car when you turn on the aircon. What is with that? It looks like a sporty little zippy car but it is not. I am going today to trade it in for something else. I hate this car.

Favorite Features

i can't think of one

Suggested Improvements

possibly the exhaust going into the car from the air vents. Might be a noval idea!

Whoaaaa.
By Echer

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent vehicle. Top choice. Bang for your buck, indeed.