2003 Ford Escort Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:
Zippy and Fun
By Grendeth on 10/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have a manual ZX2 and its a wonderful fun car with great kick for a small car. Great tight looking car.

escort
By trish on 10/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

my ford escort has been a great car to me. i have put alot of miles on it and it is great on gas!!!!!

good car
By boles on 09/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

this is a surprising car if you dont think about mercedes. It does things quite well and we got a loaded model for $11607 with power windows, locks, CD, Tilt and remote. And i think it drives well, this is a good car for young people if you want to get the most car for the least cash.

love/hate relationship
By bebop on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car's my first car ever, used but was in good condition. Driving it was fun. However there's a flaw to my right front wheel that drives me insane. This loud *SQUEEK-SQUEEK- EEEEEE* sound that comes from it everytime I step on the break.This noise makes people around me turn their heads. I'm stuck with this horrible noise prolly till I get rid of my ZX2, and that's all thanks to wonderful mechanics everywhere, including Ford dealership mechanics who wont fix it because they don't know what it is/or they say it's nothing. Trust me you can hear me coming from miles away, it's that bad. Other than that the car's alright.

Milking the car
By wolffie on 06/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The ZX2 does exactly what a car of its size and build should: move. Ford's five-speed manual transmission does an excellent job of milking every last one of the engine's 130 horses. It shifts smoothly, and gets decent gas mileage (26 city, 30 hwy) even with quick starts more, ah, spirited driving. It handles well, even at high speeds, and turns tightly, capable of making a complete 180 on slightly wider residential streets. I've driven a Focus, and, roomier though it was, I felt like I was driving a small tank; it felt combersome compared to the succinct body of the ZX2. It's no Mazeratti, but it's definitely a blast to drive.

For the Price, is the Best
By LHEAT on 11/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got the car brand new with a 2,000 dollar rebate (I paid 10,000) No other new car that is this good is going to cost you this low, I would rather spend 10,000 on a zx2, than 12,000 on a Focus that is hatchback (i don't know why Ford does not make them Cupes). They both have the same engine and they both run the same.