Used 2003 Ford Escort ZX2 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

2003 Ford Escort Coupe

View reviews for a specific Escort model:

It's a great car
By Christy

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been one of the best cars I have owned. It's like driving a race car. My car is a 5 speed. It drives really smooth. It handles curves really good.

Favorite Features

I like it because it's a 5 speed. It's small but still has room to move.

Suggested Improvements

The carpeting could have been a little better but besides that I have no complaints.

2003 ZX2
By Patricia Smith

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I actually love this car because it is my size. If you have people sitting in the back seat it's not so comfortable. I like to think of it as more of a two seater with some storage space. It does Idle high and is very loud, passengers usually complain. I have taken in back to ford to have them fix the Idle but it actually seems to have gotten worse. But I really love this car, it hasn't left me stranded yet!!!

Favorite Features

I like the Charcoal black interior, I fell in love with the car the moment I saw it. I also like how the back seats fold down it's great for when your moving, easier to load up. An we all know how big ford trunks are!

Suggested Improvements

Please fix the Idle, I keep thinking my stearing wheel is going vibrate off. An the car is just so loud. Not that it matters because they don't make them anymore.

125,000 trouble-free miles..
By crashnburn

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a 2001 ZX2 and put 125,000 miles on it. It was absolutely unbreakable - that is until a minivan hit it recently and now it's toast. Here's the repair history: New tires at 90,000 miles (that's right, the stock tires made it 90k!), brake pads at 100,000 miles, and the only mechanical problem was an alternator at 110,000. I used synthetic oil at every oil change and the motor still ran like brand new. The only complaints I can say about this car is that it's loud at highway speeds (a lot of wind and engine noise) and a pretty cheesy interior design, but I'll gladly accept those problems for a car that'll run forever. I'm gonna miss it.

Favorite Features

Car will run forever if it doesn't get hit by a minivan first. Motor is solid, fairly gutsy, and gave me 30-32 mpg overall. 100k on brake pads!

Suggested Improvements

Very loud at highway speeds, interior could've used some design help.... But who cares, turn up the radio and drive!

practical sports car
By crash86

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i purchased this car for $6500 with around 23000 miles, 5speed, the whole package. accelerates and turns very well. a lil rough but it's a small car so no surprise there.

Favorite Features

good clutch and engine combo. handles very well for front wheel drive.

Suggested Improvements

gearing, at 70mph rpms are around 3200, rubbery shifter, loud engine, cheap interior, lousy front seats, cd changer in trunk, water drips inside when window's open

My Little Red Machine
By bumble bee

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car new in 2004, but it is a 2003 model. This car had only 17 miles on it when I bought it. I have have 2000 miles on it now, and I love it.

Favorite Features

Sporty, Compact, Peppy, all around nice car