2003 Ford Escort Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:
Best car I've ever owned
By Terry on 04/27/08 10:58 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle brand new in 2003, I own the ZX2 model. It's a peppy car for a 4 cylinder but yet it still gets good gas mileage. Ford should bring this vehicle back into production I believe that it would boost their sales with any age group. The car handles well, it does shake a little while idiling, but I would definetely reccomend this car to anyone looking for a used car. It has a great sound system and comfortable front seats.

Great MPGs, Fun to drive
By Bailey on 04/03/08 11:44 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has excellent fuel economy and is so much fun to drive. For being a four cylinder it's pretty zippy and definitely stylish. Great car for work, school, or play. Definitely worth the money.

My Ownership Experience with ZX2
By Douglas H. Sowards on 04/29/06 23:01 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

From July 2003 till the present, my ZX2 has not needed anything except two oil changes in the 10,000 miles I have driven it. Has not needed even minor adjustments. It has nice silver paint, A/C, automatic, tilt wheel, fog lights, CD player, AM/FM stereo, tach, folding rear seat, and spoiler. Ford should have continued building this car as it was reasonably priced and very reliable.

It's a great car
By Christy on 02/06/06 22:14 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been one of the best cars I have owned. It's like driving a race car. My car is a 5 speed. It drives really smooth. It handles curves really good.

2003 ZX2
By Patricia Smith on 08/14/05 14:04 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I actually love this car because it is my size. If you have people sitting in the back seat it's not so comfortable. I like to think of it as more of a two seater with some storage space. It does Idle high and is very loud, passengers usually complain. I have taken in back to ford to have them fix the Idle but it actually seems to have gotten worse. But I really love this car, it hasn't left me stranded yet!!!

125,000 trouble-free miles..
By crashnburn on 04/02/05 23:50 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a 2001 ZX2 and put 125,000 miles on it. It was absolutely unbreakable - that is until a minivan hit it recently and now it's toast. Here's the repair history: New tires at 90,000 miles (that's right, the stock tires made it 90k!), brake pads at 100,000 miles, and the only mechanical problem was an alternator at 110,000. I used synthetic oil at every oil change and the motor still ran like brand new. The only complaints I can say about this car is that it's loud at highway speeds (a lot of wind and engine noise) and a pretty cheesy interior design, but I'll gladly accept those problems for a car that'll run forever. I'm gonna miss it.

practical sports car
By crash86 on 11/17/04 14:31 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i purchased this car for $6500 with around 23000 miles, 5speed, the whole package. accelerates and turns very well. a lil rough but it's a small car so no surprise there.

My Little Red Machine
By bumble bee on 04/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car new in 2004, but it is a 2003 model. This car had only 17 miles on it when I bought it. I have have 2000 miles on it now, and I love it.

I love my Zx2
By Isabella on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My very first car was an EXP, and my father bought a five speed so that I would learn to drive one. I LOVED that car, and my ZX2 reminds me of it in the way it drives. It's a fun car. It's very well made, and although I said when we were shopping that I didn't want a 2 door, and I didn't want a 4 cylinder, I didn't even want a small car...But you know? I am happy with my little car, and I am upset that Ford has discontinued them.

My ZX2ner
By HTH9LY on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my zx2 for over a year and have yet to have any mechanical problems. With a few minor engine upgrades it can kill honda's and acura's. It gets great gas milage, and handles very well. I would recommend this car to anyone looking to have a fun, fast car. It is also a safe car, believe me i know....