2003 Ford Escort Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:
Great Car
By Jess_sr05 on 07/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The ZX2 is a great car! I recently got an '03 ZX2 for my 16th birthday and i love it! It's great on gas mileage, very easy to drive, and an overall fun car!

Check out ZX2, better than Focus for now
By gkxp on 06/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I like my ZX2! Styling being subjective inside and out and everyone will have their own opinion on it. I think the ZX2 is just better than the current Focus because it is MUCH quicker and that is fact! The ZX2 Escort to me is basically a car that has lived on for a decade ignoring the recent "taller is better" philosophy and is now a reliable, quick 90's car for sale in 2003.

Focus is better???
By track7bo on 06/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have to disagree with Edmund's opinion that the Focus is a better car. I couldn't wait to get my car back when I had to rent a Focus for a day because my ZX2 was in the shop. It was so boring to drive and styling of the Focus just doesn't compare to that of my car. You wonder "why the ZX2 has lasted this long" ? Because it's replacement would be the UGLY EGG that they call the Focus ZX3! The only Focus that may be better than the ZX2 is the SVT Focus (which costs a considerabe amount more). The only thing the ZX2 is lacking is an SVT option. It is a GREAT car. Ford has continued production of this car for good reason.

Not a fun car
By jillers on 05/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I hate this car and can't wait to trade it in for something else. I have had it for 3 months now and thought that it would grow on me. It doesn't. I get passed on the freeways all of the time cause it has no power. For some reason the exhaust goes into the car when you turn on the aircon. What is with that? It looks like a sporty little zippy car but it is not. I am going today to trade it in for something else. I hate this car.

Whoaaaa.
By Echer on 05/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent vehicle. Top choice. Bang for your buck, indeed.

new car for me
By jeffrey on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

good car for the money

new car for me
By Jeffrey on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

good car for the money

nice choice
By eLY on 12/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So far it has been a great little car!

great first car
By schmidt on 11/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this vehicle as my first car i bought it whith every option available. I love it! It handles great with alomst no body roll. It has great acceleration, I love racing it on the streets it has just the right amount of power. The only thing that I dont like about the car is that I think it should get better gas mileage for being such a small car and the interior looks to much like the escort sedan. It also handles great at speeds over 100 mph. I highly recomend this as a first car. Its a great car for the money. (So easy to burn rubber even with the auto!)

great car for under 15k
By boneybunion on 11/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

had the car for 6 moths now and still cant wait to get in it every morning. Its my second car, first stick. Im still not quite used to the cluch yet and burns rubber alot easier than my probe! Great acceleration in any gear city or freeway.Push it to the floor and the speedo jumps. I highly recomend it its a great car for the money.