2003 Ford Escort Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:
It's a great car
By Christy on 02/06/06 22:14 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been one of the best cars I have owned. It's like driving a race car. My car is a 5 speed. It drives really smooth. It handles curves really good.

2003 ZX2
By Patricia Smith on 08/14/05 14:04 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I actually love this car because it is my size. If you have people sitting in the back seat it's not so comfortable. I like to think of it as more of a two seater with some storage space. It does Idle high and is very loud, passengers usually complain. I have taken in back to ford to have them fix the Idle but it actually seems to have gotten worse. But I really love this car, it hasn't left me stranded yet!!!

125,000 trouble-free miles..
By crashnburn on 04/02/05 23:50 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a 2001 ZX2 and put 125,000 miles on it. It was absolutely unbreakable - that is until a minivan hit it recently and now it's toast. Here's the repair history: New tires at 90,000 miles (that's right, the stock tires made it 90k!), brake pads at 100,000 miles, and the only mechanical problem was an alternator at 110,000. I used synthetic oil at every oil change and the motor still ran like brand new. The only complaints I can say about this car is that it's loud at highway speeds (a lot of wind and engine noise) and a pretty cheesy interior design, but I'll gladly accept those problems for a car that'll run forever. I'm gonna miss it.

practical sports car
By crash86 on 11/17/04 14:31 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i purchased this car for $6500 with around 23000 miles, 5speed, the whole package. accelerates and turns very well. a lil rough but it's a small car so no surprise there.

My Little Red Machine
By bumble bee on 04/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car new in 2004, but it is a 2003 model. This car had only 17 miles on it when I bought it. I have have 2000 miles on it now, and I love it.

I love my Zx2
By Isabella on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My very first car was an EXP, and my father bought a five speed so that I would learn to drive one. I LOVED that car, and my ZX2 reminds me of it in the way it drives. It's a fun car. It's very well made, and although I said when we were shopping that I didn't want a 2 door, and I didn't want a 4 cylinder, I didn't even want a small car...But you know? I am happy with my little car, and I am upset that Ford has discontinued them.

Review of my '03 ZX2
By FoXyGrL969 on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My experience with this car has been great, my previous car was a 91' escort, and just as that it has showed great potential. I've had no problems so far, i personally find it a very comfortable car(no i've never had to ride in the backseat of it, haha), it is great with gas, and i think will last a long time. Not to forget... it was a great price, for being 17 trying to buy a new car, i think this was perfect.

My ZX2ner
By HTH9LY on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my zx2 for over a year and have yet to have any mechanical problems. With a few minor engine upgrades it can kill honda's and acura's. It gets great gas milage, and handles very well. I would recommend this car to anyone looking to have a fun, fast car. It is also a safe car, believe me i know....

Nice little car
By NorthFace on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

For the price you can't beat it

48 year old female
By Treesx2 on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 4th escort. I had ground effects, tinted windows and chrome rims put on this one. I get out of it and people ask me if that is my son's car! I love it. They all ask the same question, what is that? When I say an escort, they all say NO WAY!!! Its as if I wait on people to ask me the same questions, it happens with such frequency. I love this one more than I have loved my last three. And I thought I loved them, I put over a hundred thousand miles on each of my escorts. Reliable and thats why I keep coming back.