Used 2003 Ford Escort ZX2 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Escort Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:

By Jennie Graham

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my ZX2 in 2004 with 39000 miles on it. It now has 53000 miles on it. It has been a very reliable car and I have had not one mechanical problem with it. It does idle rough. I love the sporty style and it is fun to drive and is good on gas. I wish Ford would build these cars again because I would love to purchase a new one.

I love everything about this car.

The rough idle is the only thing I would like to have fixed.

Best gas mileage is at 60 mph
By Tom P.

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I drive this car 100 miles a day. My best gas mileage is at 60 mph. 40.1 mpg at that speed with the A/C off and 37.6 with it on. This car gets 33 mpg at 80 mph withthe A/C on and mpg increase as you slow down. I've owened this car since it was new. I bought it with 6 miles on it I have put 149,994 miles on this car and it has yet to leave me walking. It is a small car and has very good looks for a small car. Its roomy in side and not bad on long trips. I've driven it will 3 other adults in for over 4 hours. The trunk is very big for a car of this size. The rearseat folds down and I've put 4 8ft 4x4 in side the car. I do not know why Ford quit making them with gas prices as high as they are.

5 speed transmission. Nice power for small engine. Very low maintenance. I put a A/C compressor in the car in 150000 miles. Very dependable car.

Best car I've ever owned
By Terry

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle brand new in 2003, I own the ZX2 model. It's a peppy car for a 4 cylinder but yet it still gets good gas mileage. Ford should bring this vehicle back into production I believe that it would boost their sales with any age group. The car handles well, it does shake a little while idiling, but I would definetely reccomend this car to anyone looking for a used car. It has a great sound system and comfortable front seats.

I like the way the car handles and hugs the road. Very good on fuel. Great sporty look.

Mirrors that could fold back when you park the vehicle.

Great MPGs, Fun to drive
By Bailey

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has excellent fuel economy and is so much fun to drive. For being a four cylinder it's pretty zippy and definitely stylish. Great car for work, school, or play. Definitely worth the money.

5 speed manual transmission, cruise control.

Make seats a little more comfortable.

My Ownership Experience with ZX2
By Douglas H. Sowards

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

From July 2003 till the present, my ZX2 has not needed anything except two oil changes in the 10,000 miles I have driven it. Has not needed even minor adjustments. It has nice silver paint, A/C, automatic, tilt wheel, fog lights, CD player, AM/FM stereo, tach, folding rear seat, and spoiler. Ford should have continued building this car as it was reasonably priced and very reliable.

Nice size coupe and fun car to drive. Looks sporty too!

An optional V-6 and leather interior.