Used 2003 Ford Escort Consumer Reviews - 56 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

2003 Ford Escort

View reviews for a specific Escort model:

Domestic Sleeper
By Kenniff

2003 Ford Escort ZX2 Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It's always fun watching imports pull up, and not only find out they are slower, but don't get better mpg. I can fit 3 people and luggage for a week in it and still get 35 mpg hwy. New fascia reduces cute factor, and increases enthusiast curiosity. Have aftermarket tires, rims, muffler, air intake, etc. and I never think its a rocket, nor can I hear it 3 towns away. Sure, larger people will want to avoid driving, but were not all lineman here! Although the car was well worth the 11 large, kind of wish I didn't have to install an armrest. Nonetheless, this car has more range than one might expect, as I can drive from Tampa to Miami, and still drive around the city; Fords the best US maker

Great fuel economy, inexpensive, muscular yet understated styling, quicker than a last gen civic si, not seeing your car every 2 blocks, helping Uncle Sam and not out of pity.

Quieter at idle, paint on undercarriage spare tire confounds tailgaters, 10 more hp & lb/ft would be nice, a 5 or 6 speed auto and mans trans option, an armrest, more aftermarket options, wish they still made it, jealous of euro escort!

Awesome little car
By Jackie

2003 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car when it had 14,000 mi. It now has over 100,000. Now a friend was driving it and has wrecked it, was so upset. I never had to change or repair a single thing on the car except a set of tires. Not once did it ever break down. Only complaint is the idling, which is normal for these cars.

Gas mileage was great

Start making them again

2003 Ford ZX2 Deluxe
By Aaron43

2003 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my zx2. Its a great running car. Its comfortable, reliable, and it looks good too.

Leather, cd player, moonroof, keyless entry, alloy rims.

It idles rough at stop lights and I know that it is very common with these, but there has got to be a way to fix it. They should definately start making these again. Maybe ford wouldnt be hurting for money so badly.

Bring 'em Back, Ford!!
By zx2mom

2003 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd zx2 (all leased as new, in 1997, 2000 & 2003. When I found out this is the last year, I bought it. So sad that this will be my last, I love this car! As already noted several times, the rough idle is a drawback. The steering wheel sometimes vibrates so hard at a stoplight that my hands get tingly. But since that is my only complaint, I can live with it. The most comfortable seat I've ever seen (felt) in a small car, it fits like a glove, with great lumbar support. I do think of it as a sports car, I've never subjected anyone to having to ride in the back seat, it just seemes too cramped, although it would probably be fine if you have kids.

Good milage, low maintenance, it can really step out and looks good doing it.

The rough idling, of course, and more importantly the fact they aren't being made anymore. The dealer told me the Focus is a good substitute. Oh, please spare me that garbage!

Love it!
By wayne

2003 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2003 ZX2 a few months ago because I needed a more reliable and economical vehicle. It more than met my expectations. It's the first 4cyl I've had and I'm suprised by the power. I couldn't find one with a 6 speed option. That's my only complaint but the mileage is great and the power is suprising. I'm sure I'll be driving this car for many years.

Alloy wheels, interior.