2003 Ford Escort Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:
Great first car
By zx2 in IL on 08/07/10 11:56 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I drive on average 600 miles a week, so I've put this car through its paces. I love it. It gets great gas mileage, looks great, runs like a dream. Some people complain about the vibration or the engine volume; but I really don't notice it. My only complaints are that with a 2003 it's hard to find replacement parts if your girlfriend puts it in the ditch trying to drive in six inches of snow.

Domestic Sleeper
By Kenniff on 04/05/10 02:18 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It's always fun watching imports pull up, and not only find out they are slower, but don't get better mpg. I can fit 3 people and luggage for a week in it and still get 35 mpg hwy. New fascia reduces cute factor, and increases enthusiast curiosity. Have aftermarket tires, rims, muffler, air intake, etc. and I never think its a rocket, nor can I hear it 3 towns away. Sure, larger people will want to avoid driving, but were not all lineman here! Although the car was well worth the 11 large, kind of wish I didn't have to install an armrest. Nonetheless, this car has more range than one might expect, as I can drive from Tampa to Miami, and still drive around the city; Fords the best US maker

escort zx2
By zx2driver on 11/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought in Jan 1999. It's a fun car to drive, it's been really reliable, it looks better than the focus does. It's pretty quick, but a turbocharged zx2 would be awesome. It can be awkward to work on because of the the design, but it's nice.

Good Teenage Car
By Babygirlmegz on 11/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Good Car, Reliable, a good little car for a student to have

The Idle
By zx2owner on 10/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this vehicle for over a year now, and while it is fun to drive and rather reliable, there is one concern I have about the automobile. I recently took the ZX2 into the dealer ship for a vibration in the steering wheel (well actually the whole car) when I am at a complete stop. I was told that all the ZX2s have the same problem, and that it just "idles hard" since it is a four cylinder engigne. However, many automobiles are four cylinders and do not recieve the same problem. I was told there was nothing that could be done to alleviate the problem.

This car should be taken off the lineup
By sweety89 on 10/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Well the main reason why i dog this cra is because atfer driving mine for like 3 months it started breaking down i take it to get looked at and i find out that it has no motor mont then it took 3 months to get one because they claimed it was an international part. The other part i do not like is how things are so low you do not even have a arm rest you have a little hole and the stero is awful and when you put a after market one in they have to put a ugly black stero holder

ZX2 Kicking Ass On The Street!
By mac3546+54 on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love everything about my car...for the price, dependability, style and last but not least quality performance. My car gets app. 30 mpg and still has the power and handling of a sports car that makes it fun to drive.

needs more power and room
By lucky larry on 08/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

nice styling but it needs more power and room. not enough room in console for stuff otherwise a sweet little car thats fun to drive.styling

Perfect commutor car!
By SDK on 08/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in 1999, have over 100K on it now with only 2 repairs, A/c condedensor and a tie-rod. Last tank of returned 35MPG. No squeeks, no rattles Faster than the Focus SVT, in fact faster than almost anything in its class. You need to go with the something like the Tubo Subaru or the new SRT Neon to go quicker, of course you will spend thousands more.

2nd losing ZX2
By Jason9058 on 08/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second zx2 i had a 98 and now an 02 manuals which were both worthless because they are known for their bad transmissions. I have had my 02 for just over a year now and it has been in the shop 14 times for the transmission.