2003 Ford Escort Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:
A great little car
By mark_s3 on 04/30/11 11:12 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car new (13 miles) and drove it 143,000+ miles. I love this car. Got standard transmision that makes it even more fun to drive. Vibrations from the motor can be rough in idle, but it's not too bad. Gets 34 MPG in stop and go traffic. Very comfortable inside and sporty outside. Never had a machanical problem with it, and it's been very dependable. The ride is very smooth even after all those miles. Plan to drive it until the wheels fall off! It is MY car! **Sorry for any misspellings**

Interior Room
By targetshooter on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am 6'2 / 260 and I fit just fine. I drive it on long trips and the seats are fine. Great get you there car with enough power to handle what you run into.

Cheap and fun
By Admiraltogo on 09/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the ZX2 as basic commuter transportation. With a $2,000 rebate offered by the dealer the price was a steal. I've found the ZX2 to be a very fun car to drive (I drive 80 miles a day, on mostly country roads). It has also been trouble free. I have to fight my wife to drive it on some days (she drives our GM truck).

Won't buy another one
By De on 08/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 1999 ZX2 jerks when going slow such as a slow take off or stop n go on the frwy. Service Mgr told me thats normal. Feels like it wants to stall. Taken it in 7 times. No leg room in back seat and if you'te tall your head hits the top of the car. Air conditioner stopped working at 35,000. Good on gas, reliable. Great take off. The jerking has turned me off. Can feel like I'm learning to drive a stick and can't balance the gas and clutch. Other than that - it's okay.

ZX2 Automatic
By ronalt on 02/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Vehicle has lots of engine noise. Seating is very comfortable up front, but back seat is small. Car has plenty of power, and it will scat.

BUY THIS CAR
By ESommers on 11/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Finest small sports coupe money can buy. Incredible performance and reliability for the price.

First Car Buyer
By LDowns23 on 10/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is an excellent first car for a new car buyer. I love it!