Used 2003 Ford Escort ZX2 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:

Good Car
By Lauren

2003 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just got this car as a graduation gift and it definitely was not my choice car, but anyways it drives really well and its fun to drive. It is as basic as a car can get, no power anything, no cruise control, etc. I feel like it will last me so many more years, i feel safe in this car. The only major complaint is how hard it vibrates the entire car when idling. So although it doesn't have a lot of fun gadgets, it's reliable and a good first car.

Cruise control, sunroof, definitely stop the extreme vibrating when idling.

Awesome little car
By Jackie

2003 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car when it had 14,000 mi. It now has over 100,000. Now a friend was driving it and has wrecked it, was so upset. I never had to change or repair a single thing on the car except a set of tires. Not once did it ever break down. Only complaint is the idling, which is normal for these cars.

Gas mileage was great

Start making them again

2003 Ford ZX2 Deluxe
By Aaron43

2003 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my zx2. Its a great running car. Its comfortable, reliable, and it looks good too.

Leather, cd player, moonroof, keyless entry, alloy rims.

It idles rough at stop lights and I know that it is very common with these, but there has got to be a way to fix it. They should definately start making these again. Maybe ford wouldnt be hurting for money so badly.

Bring 'em Back, Ford!!
By zx2mom

2003 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd zx2 (all leased as new, in 1997, 2000 & 2003. When I found out this is the last year, I bought it. So sad that this will be my last, I love this car! As already noted several times, the rough idle is a drawback. The steering wheel sometimes vibrates so hard at a stoplight that my hands get tingly. But since that is my only complaint, I can live with it. The most comfortable seat I've ever seen (felt) in a small car, it fits like a glove, with great lumbar support. I do think of it as a sports car, I've never subjected anyone to having to ride in the back seat, it just seemes too cramped, although it would probably be fine if you have kids.

Good milage, low maintenance, it can really step out and looks good doing it.

The rough idling, of course, and more importantly the fact they aren't being made anymore. The dealer told me the Focus is a good substitute. Oh, please spare me that garbage!

Love it!
By wayne

2003 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2003 ZX2 a few months ago because I needed a more reliable and economical vehicle. It more than met my expectations. It's the first 4cyl I've had and I'm suprised by the power. I couldn't find one with a 6 speed option. That's my only complaint but the mileage is great and the power is suprising. I'm sure I'll be driving this car for many years.

Alloy wheels, interior.