2002 Ford Escort Consumer Review: Home Run for Ford

2002 Ford Escort - Consumer Review

Home Run for Ford
By Josh on

2002 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my 02 in 2006 with 17000 miles on it for $4500; it's loaded with every option. Now there are 58000 miles on it with nothing other than oil changes. This car can't be beat for the price, performance, and reliability. The lowest mileage I have ever had was 29 and that was in Houston traffic. On the highway 37-40 isn't unusual. Hands down, this is one of the most reliable models Ford has produced. There have been no recalls, yet Ford never really marketed this car at all. If you get the chance at least take it for a test drive. I never thought that I would end up in a four cylinder coupe - I was driving a 79 Bonneville - but I really love my car.

This is my first car that has had every option available, I love the leather seats, the moonroof, the manual tranny, and the CD player.

Fix the windows, every time it rains, even a little bit, the water runs inside. Other than that I have no problems.