2002 Ford Escort Consumer Reviews 2

2002 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:
Awesome Car
By Mopar08 on 11/14/06 18:25 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Hello. I am a junior in high school and needed a car by the time school came around for various activities. I have a white deluxe edition ZX2. I love it. I live 18 miles from school and this car is awesome on fuel mileage. I was getting about 30-33 mpg when I first got the car in August. However, after replacing the oil with Mobil 1 I now get 31-37 mpg. It has 96,700 miles and the only work done was replacing a wire. The only complaint I have is rough shifting when it is cold outside.

Sweet Car
By J on 01/11/06 12:27 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought my ZX2 in November with 17,000 miles on it. It came loaded with everything; leather seats, cruise control, 6 disc cd player, and a sunroof. My car also has the 5 speed transmission. This is an absolutely amazing car; it has power to spare and looks good too. Mine just hit 21,000 miles on a trip to Texas from Pennsylvania ... it ran superbly. I averaged over 40mpg the whole trip! I highly recommend this car to anyone who wants a quality car (there have been NO recalls), with performance, and good looks for not a lot of cash.

Cheap, Fun & Upgradeable
By Whoda on 10/24/05 12:30 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It's a fun car to drive and easy to maintain. My ZX2 gives out good handling and power, mostly due to its low weight.

Great, fun, trouble-free car
By Avi on 06/29/05 14:24 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Escort Fleet 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I'm very pleased with the Focus, and would definitely recommend it. The design, handling, comfort, and "fun-to-drive" factor are all first-rate. So far (I only have 25,000 miles on it) the car has held up great, and I've had no problems with it. My only complaint is that my car gets substantially lower than the advertised gas mileage ... I get about 20 city/30 highway, compared to 27 city/30 highway advertised.

Loving it
By Ericalacoe on 04/24/05 23:05 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Escort Fleet 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love it! It drives really good. Fuel in this car will last a very long time and with the way gas prices are right now I still can fill my tank for a little under $20. I can't beat that and I know that. I get about 300 miles in the city per tank! So it is awesome. Fun lil' car to drive and it is a pretty smooth ride.

Goods and the Bads !
By Mike Shirley on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The vibration is annoying..suprised Ford didnt have enough ambition to fix it before letting it out of its cage !..It is reliable though and has ample power and handeling ! gets me from point A and B.

My First New Car
By Lorin Salter on 12/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car as a way for me to get back and forth from school. Shortly after, however, I moved out of town and, to my displeasure, found that this car is not a long drive type of car. In the city, it does alright, except the fact that it has a horrible vibration that I've been told can't be fixed. But as far as driving, it is good and saves me quite a bit on gas.

2002 ZX2 Manual Transmission
By Todd Skrypek on 11/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It is a suprise to get decent power and good reliability for under $14,000. I had two transmissions put in within the first 20,000 miles but it was my fault the first time and the dealers fault the second time. My only complaint is it is rough shifting but it could be the result of the multiple transmissions.

great to drive
By cspeedy976 on 08/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

it fun to drive and good on gas.this is my second car. the last one was a 1998 now i have a 2002

low initial cost and fun to drive
By struckhoff on 07/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It is just a fun car to drive.