2001 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

ZX2 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (49 reviews )
A Great First Car
By ZX2 Fanatic on 09/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great for a first car, I love to drive my ZX2. It handles fairly well for a smaller car has plenty of pep for its size and four cylinder engine. It may not be the fastest but for a first car its great. Mine is fully loaded and that makes it all the better. However it is not without flaws as the interior is noisy and the extior build slightly shows the low cost of the vehicle. Over all I love My ZX2 It being my first car I would not have bough any other Sport Compact in its place. As one of my favorite things is dusting some one in thier "suped up" honda with a stock Ford.

Great Car for the Money
By GreggJ on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The ZX2 is definitely one of the best cars on the market (at that time)for the money. It has great fuel economy, is roomy inside (front only), has an appealing look, and has been extremely reliable.

18year old FEMALE
By BrittL on 05/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car to start out with! It's cute it's fun and who doesn't like to pay $15 to fill up the gas tank. I wouldnt have wanted to learn to drive a stick on any other car. It is very easy to handle, and the ride is smooth.Big hit with the parents because consumer reports rate it well!!!

My Review
By Geech on 05/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A very good first car for younger drivers. Enough power for safe handling but not too much to get out of control. Runs very good, very reliable and very good fuel economy.

ZX 2
By JOHN WATSON on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this ZX2 in December of 2000 and the vehicle has been excellent and reliable transportation since I have had it. It has only been back to the dealer one time and that was for the hood not opening properly. Other than that all I have done has been change the oil, tranny fluid and gas and go. For a small car the ZX2 has plenty of pep and gets excellent gas mileage. The only negative to this vehicle is when I was looking into trading it had depreciated more than I would have expected. I would recommend the ZX2 to anyone looking for a small car that gets excellent gas mileage.

Drive One... You'll see!
By JustZx2 on 01/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a sweet car! This is my 2nd one I had a 99 ZX2 but hit a deer and traded it in for my 01 ZX2..The 99 was strip model however this is power everything and manual.. IF ya can drive stick GET IT! It's black fav. color and really good against a LANCER, Poor guy thought he could take a ZX2...he was wrong! lol! It's NOT a ESCORT <-- those suck, This has a 130 hp engine that can move it along, However escort's have 110hp and suck! So yea THIS is called a ZX2 so don't be ashamed when telling your friends you own a ZX2 (Show'em the back bumper "says" "ZX2") LOL! Enjoy it if ya OWN ONE! Cuz I AM!

Better than expected
By elgringo247 on 01/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car was bough in a hurry because I was looking for the cheapest car fast. well I really like this car. 63,000 miles, no mech problems. What suprised me is the peppiness of this car. It will get up an goand handles extemely well in 90+ mph. Just watch for the cops when driving this car. The only neg is it really bogs down with a lot of weight in the car

Not bad for a 1st car...
By sjtrackin on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My first new car, not too bad. Love the look of it and it handles well. Great gas mileage. Interior a little uncomfortable. Had problems with power windows, doors, and hood release. Speakers could be better. Other than that, no complaints. Very smooth ride.

zx2 review
By dano99999 on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

An excellent, fun to drive coupe with eye catching style and excellent handling. The ZX2 is everything teh focus isn't- faster, sportier, sleeker, not boxy. Plus, teh aftermarket produces an incredible array or performance and style parts and accessories.

Beats the heck out of a KIA!
By goldiespeople on 07/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I like driving the ZX2. I can go two weeks on a tank of gas. The "pep" of the engine is just right for me and my needs. Not to mention the affordability.