Used 2001 Ford Escort ZX2 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

ZX2 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (50 reviews )

Love it
By tinarinkus

2001 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven my ZX2 for the last 8 years and I have loved every minute of it.

OK (at times)
By homerrocks2

2001 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Awesome to drive! I like the zipping around feeling from the little car and the manual transmission is the only way to go! Bought the car about 2 years ago and it is not aging well...found numerous times we have had to put patch work on it. I will say I'm not sure about safety, it doesn't seem like it would hold up well in a collision but i don't know.

CD player 5-speed transmission comfortable (if by yourself)

CD changer should not be in trunk Low geared transmission (1 & 2 can be rough) Close quarters if others are riding with you

Great car!
By sapper92

2001 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car in 2010 with 68,000 miles,it now has 89,000. Only perpuse is to drive to and from work daily, 75 mile round trip. Gets awesome gas milage, rutinly between 32-37. it all depends on how you drive it. If you try to stay at 80mph, you will get horrable mileage. I stay at 2800rpm or about 72mph on the highway, to get the mileage list above (2500prm or 68mph to get 37mpg). this is NOT a preformance car and shouldn't be driven like one, if you are looking for the GOOD mileage, however it will and does surpass all other models in its catagory.

Good Car
By hoffman2

2001 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This was the fisrt car i bought it had 120,000 miles on it and had been sitting for a while when i got it but with a charged battery it cranked right up and drove amazingly all ive done to it was regular maintainance to it and ive had it for 3 years and have 188,000 miles on it now and it still runs beautifully i plan to drive it untill it dies. very good investment i would recommend to anyone.

Great First Car
By RDP

2001 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This was the first car I bought while in college. I bought it with 95,000 miles, and I am almost at 200,000 miles. It has been very reliable, and I have only had to replace a fuel filter and alternator. The clutch and transmission seem to still be going strong. A lot of things are starting to need work, so I will probably be buying a new car. My only problem while owning this car has been the gas mileage. I only seem to get about 25 MPG.

Manual Transmission, Good Engine Performance, Reliable

They don't make this car anymore, so it doesn't matter.