2000 Ford Escort Consumer Review: The little car that could

2000 Ford Escort - Consumer Review

The little car that could
By Bigmann on

2000 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe

Bought last year with only 23,000 miles on it. Since then I put 3,000 miles a month on it. This is a great little car. I get around 34-35 mph on the highway. This car now has 50,000 miles on it and besides normal oil changes i have replaced both tie rod ends, and put a new set of tires on it. Thats it!! My only gripe is that mine has a sunroof that leaks badly. The Ford dealer I took it to wants way too much money to fix so I had to permanently seal it. The sunroof trim also constantly comes unhooked. It never comes off but comes unhooked in the corners leaving a small gap. I am 6' 5" tall and the I have enough room in the front seats but barely. Overall a great car to go to work in. This is a great car I would buy this again if Ford still made them

Mine has a keyless entry / anti theft alarm system. For an econo car this is a wounderful feature. You just don't expect a car in this price range to have an option like this from the factory.

A sunroof that doesnt leak at 23,000 miles, bigger sideview mirrors, better tie rods, rear disk brakes, more fron seat padding, factory in dash cd player (not in the trunk). Anything that could make this car even more fuel efficient.