2000 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:
Good car
By ma dan on 07/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe

I've had mine for 2yrs but only put 26,000 miles on it. I had to purchase an automatic transmission for my wife. I wish that I had just brought a 5 speed home :] Its been a good car. No problems, no interior parts broke nothing. Been a great 2yrs of service. But I don't see where the "lazy boy" comment comes from. My rear is numb an hour into driving it. Something that annoys me is that it is a completely different ride with a full tank of gas vs 1/2 or less.

Great Little Sport Compact
By Oregon ZX2 on 07/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe

Great car for the money. Quick (you can rev it out to nearly 7,000 rpm's) and still put it through those tight corners on the back roads. Seats could be a bit more comortable and the interior is a little loud.

Love My Escort
By Jdup on 06/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Escort 4dr Sedan

A ford escort is usually a car that people joke about but to tell you. I had good luck with mine. I had a 1997 escort wagon and currently own a 2000 sedan. There are real good cars. Im 6'2 and yeah its kinda tight but it dont stop me from driving it. I longest I spent driving it was about 15 hours. Its got a peppy 2.0 inline 4 cyl. But who needs all that power anyway. The fastest you can go is 65mph.

Car is not the best.
By metoo on 06/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe

This car is very uncomfortable. The seat belts are difficult to get to. It's hard to get in and out of. The seats are atrociously bad for driving more then half an hour. I'm numb after being in the car for more then an hour. It loses a lot of power with the AC on. The car is a very rough ride and is pretty noisy. I personally don't like this car. If you don't have to do a lot of driving it would not be a bad car. I unfotunately drive too much.

A good little car
By Axel on 05/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe

This car is a very reliable little car. It is not functional as a family car or for long trips, but they can be done. It is an excellent get around town car and short trip car. It does get somewhat uncomfortable for trips 2 hours or more. The car never had a problem starting, it is a little sluggish in sub-zero temps (typical of 4-cyl.). The gas mileage is pretty good. The car is an excellent, reliable get around vehicle.

I only rented this car
By Jason McGovern on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Escort 4dr Sedan

I rented this car after rolling my 2000 corolla. Not a bad car. I know the specs only show 114 HP, and 120 fp of torque. But that's LOW END TORQUE. This car gets running from the get go (because Ford believes in torque unlike most imports). The ride is fairly alright, interior is very basic. It's a basic car. If you can get a deal on one of these I would most likely recommend it.

Why not?
By crawdad on 03/15/02 01:02 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Escort 4dr Sedan

I have had my used escort for almost one year. This car is a mini-tank, it can climb any incline with out losing speed. Talk about comfort, the seats are like lazy-boy furniture. It might not be a sports car, but it will get you there quick.