2000 Ford Escort Coupe - Consumer Reviews

ZX2 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (55 reviews )
best for the money
By DBO on 07/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe

After 2 1/2 years I have had only 1 problem, the seat material was threading around the edge (drivers seat). The dealer fixed this under warranty and I have had no other problems. The Car is fun to drive and gets good gas milage and doesn't look like an econobox...

Good car
By ma dan on 07/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe

I've had mine for 2yrs but only put 26,000 miles on it. I had to purchase an automatic transmission for my wife. I wish that I had just brought a 5 speed home :] Its been a good car. No problems, no interior parts broke nothing. Been a great 2yrs of service. But I don't see where the "lazy boy" comment comes from. My rear is numb an hour into driving it. Something that annoys me is that it is a completely different ride with a full tank of gas vs 1/2 or less.

Great Little Sport Compact
By Oregon ZX2 on 07/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe

Great car for the money. Quick (you can rev it out to nearly 7,000 rpm's) and still put it through those tight corners on the back roads. Seats could be a bit more comortable and the interior is a little loud.

Car is not the best.
By metoo on 06/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe

This car is very uncomfortable. The seat belts are difficult to get to. It's hard to get in and out of. The seats are atrociously bad for driving more then half an hour. I'm numb after being in the car for more then an hour. It loses a lot of power with the AC on. The car is a very rough ride and is pretty noisy. I personally don't like this car. If you don't have to do a lot of driving it would not be a bad car. I unfotunately drive too much.

A good little car
By Axel on 05/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe

This car is a very reliable little car. It is not functional as a family car or for long trips, but they can be done. It is an excellent get around town car and short trip car. It does get somewhat uncomfortable for trips 2 hours or more. The car never had a problem starting, it is a little sluggish in sub-zero temps (typical of 4-cyl.). The gas mileage is pretty good. The car is an excellent, reliable get around vehicle.