Used 2000 Ford Escort Coupe Consumer Reviews - 57 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Escort Coupe - Consumer Reviews

ZX2 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (57 reviews )

Kicking car
By Jeff

2000 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe

During the time that I have had this car, I have had no problems what-so-ever. This is the best car out of all the cars that I have ever owned, it is so fun to drive because it is small and quick. Only because I am moving out of country am I going to be getting rid of it. Love the car, if you get the opportunity to buy one, do so. I feel that this is a great starter car, and a great commuter car.

Handling. I have driven many higher end cars that don't have the responsiveness that the Escort has.

The complaint most heard is the back seat is too small. That is because it is a 2 door car. Other than that, I also wish that it had cruise control. Many do, but not mine.

Fun and Reliable
By headwinds

2000 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe

I bought this car off the lot (with 15 miles on it); it was fully loaded with options (power locks and windows, moon roof, 6 CD player). So far, it's been great to drive and very reliable, with only routine maintenance (tires, oil change, etc) needed.

Interior organization works well or me. Air, heat and defrost system excellent. Really good sound system. With manual transmission great fun to drive.

Exterior finish shows every nick, ding and brush. Really disappointed with that. Light on the road in inclement conditions, despite front wheel drive.

Power Train
By Mike

2000 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe

So I have only had this car for 6 months. Bought it as part of a voluntary repo from my credit union. It had 30,400 miles on it, and had 35,234 when the car became locked in second somehow and the gears fused together. To repair from the original dealer is $1,600; to replace is $3,200 plus labor. Seems rather costly since it is a manual. I have owned a Ford Taurus, Acura Legend, Honda Accord, and then this ZX2. My Honda cars were reliable and fun to drive. These Fords have been costly.

Head lights are pretty cool. Turn signal and wiper switches are ergomonic. Very comfortable seats for a car in this price range.

My Baby
By JJEANR3

2000 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe

I have had my car for almost 3 years in June and i have had only one thing happen to it and that had something to do with the gear shifter and the warranty covered that. All around it is a great car for anyone. I have put almost 50,000 miles on it and it is still going, like it is new.

6-disc CD changer,bucket seats and window design

Bigger speakers, easy access to back seat would be nice.

hooray for the ZX2
By electroniceyes

2000 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe

I got my ZX2 used in February '04 so I don't have the years experience with it. I love how nicely it handles and the gas mileage is a real plus; stereo is awesome for a stock stereo. I only wish my ZX2 had power windows/door locks; the crank windows are a real problem sometimes and it's a real pain having to reach across to let people in my car. I also wish is didn't vibrate like one of those massage chairs when at idle.

Stereo w/ 6 disc changer, handling, exterior style.

Back seat could be easier to access, power windows door locks standard, an engine that doesn't vibrate.