Used 2000 Ford Escort Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Escort

View reviews for a specific Escort model:

Its a good little car
By tboner

2000 Ford Escort 4dr Sedan

I really like this little car. It handles the tough winters up here in the Northeast. Starts everyday, handles the snow & ice good. Peppy little 4 cylinder, although I wish I had the standard. I am a 5 speed fanatic. I don't find the car uncomfortable at all. A lot of other smaller car will make my bum go to sleep after an hour or two, but not so with this one. My previous car was a 1997 Hyundai Accent, which was a great little car, but the escort has the upper hand over the accent.

Favorite Features

comfort, peppy engine, handling, ac is always ice cold

Suggested Improvements

loses alot of power with ac on

Started out nice.
By Amanda

2000 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe

Have only put 29,000 on it in the 4 years I've owned. Total mileage at this point is 50,000. In the past 4 years the only repairs were to BOTH tie rod ends. Also have a tensioning belt that isn't centered. Then my engine starting chirping/squeaking when idling. Turns out I need my timing belt and all components replaced. They also found my head gasket was leaking. $1,400 estimate to repair. Seems a bit ridiculous on a car with so few miles that was babied.

Favorite Features

Cute and sporty, cheap, gas mileage is awesome.

Suggested Improvements

Engine could use a bit more power- entrance ramps with the air conditioning are nearly impossible. Am also seeing a lot of people replacing tie rod ends.

Great first car if in good condition
By cjbe2

2000 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe

I have owned this car for just under a year and am happy with it. It has 140000 miles, but still runs strong. Not the prettiest car inside or out, but for a family on a budget with a teenager that just started driving, this is a great car

Suggested Improvements

Motor mounts

Broke 9 months later!!!
By eadllnean

2000 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe

I bought my ZX2 with 28,000 mls on it. After 10,000 mls my transmissions broke and I had to replace it. This was 2,000 miles after my warranty expired! Two days after I picked up my car with the new transmission I had to take it back to the dealer for further transmission repairs!! I will never buy another Ford again!!!

Favorite Features

good gas milage

Suggested Improvements

parts that function correctly

Car is not the best.
By metoo

2000 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe

This car is very uncomfortable. The seat belts are difficult to get to. It's hard to get in and out of. The seats are atrociously bad for driving more then half an hour. I'm numb after being in the car for more then an hour. It loses a lot of power with the AC on. The car is a very rough ride and is pretty noisy. I personally don't like this car. If you don't have to do a lot of driving it would not be a bad car. I unfotunately drive too much.

Favorite Features

I will say mechanically it is not that bad, I have had worse.

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable seats and better placement of the seat belts.