2000 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:
Love my ZX2
By Victoria Lindel on 02/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe

I've had this car for 4 years, and she's been good to me. My favorate features are the 5 speed transmission - it makes the little engine perform wonders. I would never want an "economy" car with an automatic transmission. I like the small size as well, it makes parallel parking a breeze. The fold down seats make it possible to transport skis, yes SKIS if you have 3 people or less in the car.

Mechanical deficiencies
By Wayne Hopp on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe

I leased my car for two years before I purchased it in Dec02.Sincr the leased ended,I have replaced inner,outer tie- rods,replaced bushings on the right rear,replaced the brakes three times on 38000 miles.I now am faced with replacing the ABS motor sytem controller.The car runs hard and noisy.I would not recommend a ZX2 to anybody as the kinks were never corrected.Ford Motor Co.,completely turned there assistance away claiming warranty.This was my fourth Ford and LAST Ford

Best Car I have ever owned!
By John Free on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe

2000 ZX2 finally a US manufacturer has produced quality equal to the japanese. Purchased brand new from a large dealer 9-00...on sale for $8888. Yeah I know I got a terrific deal. 30k miles today and never a problem...nada...zip.

little blue escort
By sheryl on 11/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe

this car has been to hell and back and still goes great, need i say more?

zx2 s/r
By zx200 on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe

Overall the zx2 has been a great car, no problems in any area, I have been very happy with it. Fully loaded and best price..

I love my ZX2!
By AZRoadRunner on 09/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe

I bought my ZX2 brand new and put 17,000 miles a year on it. It's so much fun to drive, very nervous for an automatic car. At 60,000 miles I never had any mechanical problems. The bucket seats are super comfortable, including for long trips, but it's difficult to access the back seats. The exterior design is far less boring than equivalent cars and the tan interior is very relaxing.

ZX2 Mania
By R Jewell on 08/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe

Bought as second vehicle. Low mileage and 3 yrs old. Fun to drive. Good cornering ability, good gas mileage. Cruise control works seamlessly. Wish I had bought one with manual trans though. Automatic labors sometimes under acceleration. Car fits my needs like a glove and looks good doing it. Economical and reliable so far. Love it.

EXCELLENT CAR
By Tim Nall on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Escort 4dr Sedan

I BOUGHT MY ESCORT IN 2001(A YEAR OLD WHEN I BOUGHT IT). IT'S BEEN A WONDERFUL CAR FOR ME. NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH IT. I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS CAR. IT'S MAINTAINENCE FREE.

my Harvick
By JoJoz1986 on 05/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe

My car has been very good to me in the past 11 months. It gets a lot of miles put on it but I still love to drive it.

jo 2000
By joe_1 on 04/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Escort 4dr Sedan

I bought my 2000 Ford Escort SE sedan on 02/15/02 and havn't had a major problem yet. This is a very good car to drive since it is one of the best Escort modles that rolled of the production line.Great acceleration on city streets,but going up hills can be a bit of a challeng since there is only 110 hores under it's hood.