2000 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:
A better roller skate
By jemjunior on 03/29/05 20:16 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Escort 4dr Sedan

I needed a car in a hurry. I had good working relations with a local car rental dealer. Picked up the Escort with 32,000 miles for a good price. It has been a very reliable mode of transportation. My teenage daughter learned to drive in it. I still use it every day for back and forth to work. I plan on fixing it and driving it until the wheels fall off. I haven't had any trouble besides normal wear and tear items. Be advised - the Escort doesn't "DO" anything. It just starts up, drives, and comes home.

My Baby
By JJEANR3 on 01/23/05 23:16 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe

I have had my car for almost 3 years in June and i have had only one thing happen to it and that had something to do with the gear shifter and the warranty covered that. All around it is a great car for anyone. I have put almost 50,000 miles on it and it is still going, like it is new.

hooray for the ZX2
By electroniceyes on 11/30/04 15:42 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe

I got my ZX2 used in February '04 so I don't have the years experience with it. I love how nicely it handles and the gas mileage is a real plus; stereo is awesome for a stock stereo. I only wish my ZX2 had power windows/door locks; the crank windows are a real problem sometimes and it's a real pain having to reach across to let people in my car. I also wish is didn't vibrate like one of those massage chairs when at idle.

Heather's Review
By HeatherD617 on 07/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe

I love this car - the only thing better would be if it was a manual transmission. But for an automatic, it puts out a decent amount of power and is very fun to drive!

Fun to drive on short trips
By Elderchuck on 05/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe

This Escort has been typical of the three Escorts we have owned previously. Well built, short on options, reliable, and hard on the back when sitting over an hour. Nagging problem with engine mounts (accelerator slaps foot and clunks on starts and stops and bad tie rods).

ZX2 is a great coupe
By rainbow on 05/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe

Bought this car 4 years ago back in 2000. I have enjoyed having this car around. It is a fun car to drive back and forth to work. I have had no problems with the car. It has been a very reliable car. I would buy another one if given the chance. Out of all the compact coupes I would say the ZX2 is a great coupe. I spend most of my time around cars, so yes I know what I'm talking about.

My 2000 Ford Escort Zx2
By Nickc1178 on 03/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe

I bought my 2000 Ford zx2 brand new in 2000 with 34 miles on it. In the last 3 and a half years I have put 70,000 miles on it. The only major problem I have had is the automatic transmission. The transmission is not very good. I have had to have it flushed twice already. The thing shifts hard all the time out of first even when the fluid is full. The only other problem I have had is to replace the left front tie-rod. Otherwise the car has been pretty good. It protected me in a nice 45mph accident when a soccer mom pulled out in front of me in her mini van. 27mpg on average.

Faithful...
By ALG on 03/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe

I have had no mechanical problems with my car. I have had to do no more than oil changes, car washes, and fluid checks. I have had to replace my tires once...and they were more expensive than I had figured. Relatively hard to find too. Overall, great car.

ZX2 with S/R computer
By Mirlin on 02/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe

When I got my ZX2 in January 2004, I was astounded to find a new motor, transmission, and S/R computer in it. With High mileage (79,000) and just the need for transportation to and from work, I wasn't expecting much, but I've got a car that not only can smoke rubber in first and second gear, it beats the pants off Honda Civics. It does what I want it to do and does it VERY well

Love my ZX2
By Victoria Lindel on 02/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Escort ZX2 2dr Coupe

I've had this car for 4 years, and she's been good to me. My favorate features are the 5 speed transmission - it makes the little engine perform wonders. I would never want an "economy" car with an automatic transmission. I like the small size as well, it makes parallel parking a breeze. The fold down seats make it possible to transport skis, yes SKIS if you have 3 people or less in the car.