Used 2000 Ford Escort Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Escort Coupe - Consumer Reviews

ZX2 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (56 reviews )

Love it....Still have it, only
By Cobbstone

2000 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe

I am 66 Years old, and bought it new in the Fall of 1999...Only has 28,000 miles to date.....Still smells new...Only problem ,I let my Battery acid leak down on some of the cables I corrected that, but have to use the Emergecy release to get it out of part, when I drive, and from reading some others,,,I think I should have my tie Rods checked.

Only changed the oil in almost 10 years of Ownership..Air Filter Still Clean.

Built a CD up front, and not in the trunk.......Side Mirrors too small for me.

Good So Far
By dubyaw

2000 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe

My father just bought this car for me a few weeks ago and it's been great.Granted I am used to a 1990 Eclipse an even smaller two door coupe. Being 6'5 this car seats me very comfortably and has plenty of space for being a compact.This car has 48,000 on it and has had a tran rebuild, replaced Fr Dr side tie rod, and been very well maintained by previous owner. This car is great on gas, around 100 miles and still a bit over half a tank left. The engine packs a punch when needed but this being my first nice car I baby her. Fun car to just cruise in, comfortable ride, good sound quality, and for a powerful little 4 banger it's pretty quiet.

Power Style Ride Audio Comfort MPG Machine

Heard of many tranny problems w car, new timing belt and tensioner, tie rods seem to fail, cracks near headlights cause condensation in headlight (happens a lot w fords this car and my sister's) RIDICULOUS SMALL SIDE VIEW MIRRORS!!

Powerful little car
By KcoonZX2

2000 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe

I bought my ZX2 about a year ago. It had damage when I bought it and the previous owner was careless about maintaining the vehicle so I had to put some money into it. After putting in a new transmission and new clutch at 130,000 miles I have not had a single problem with the Ford Escort. I deliver pizza and put about 300-400 miles a week on my Escort.(The big trunk helps!) I haven't had to do anything mechanical after fixing the previous owners problems.

Interior is nice. 5 speed, great power for a small, light car! Lots of trunk space. Easy to keep clean. Chrome alloy rims!

Limited rearview vision. Water leaks in when you use your wipers with the window down. Hard to get in and out of if you're tall. Clutch/tranny die at arouind 130,000. Speakers/sound system is pretty poor also. (I would suggest going to Wal- Mart and buying a couple of rear speakers.)

Base line economy car
By block1974

2000 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe

Bought new with 0 miles and I got my moneys worth. Now has 145,000 and almost everything has been replaced except the engine. The transmission rebuilt at a shocking 80,000. Other repairs was tie rods, radiator, alternator at the 120-130,000 mark. It is comfy, and small. Low power, so don't expect to get anywhere soon. Noisy on the highway, and do not go past 80 mph or you will see blue smoke from the tailpipe. Great for city and short trips.

Better quality parts

So so
By fee1234

2000 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe

This car started off pretty good for me and I put a lot of miles on it but after about 100,000 the motor started ticking and the transmission started to go. The car always had a bad shake to it and would not make a good family car (too small> good for getting around town and not long trips.

Good mileage