Used 2000 Ford Escort Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Escort Coupe

ZX2 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (55 reviews )

Most Helpful|
Escort
By stephen

2000 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe

I love my Escort zx2. I too have also changed the tie rod. I have had a lot of vacuum leaks. I had to replace all the bearings. trensmission gets confused. It does not like stop and go traffic. Replaced transmission. The car hates the heat, you lose way too much power and gas when air conditioning is on. Have to put the pedal to the metal so I don't use it. Nice power, great handling...( eibach suspension). The serpentine belt loves to come off especially in rain. Very quiet car. Put rims on it so I have wider tires. Audio is very easy to do. Engine parts easy to change. Handles well in fender bender. Other than normal maintanance from being old... I love my car.

Favorite Features

Mostly everything. I love how it looks, rides, mpg. Quiet car.

Suggested Improvements

Rims have way too much weight to them. More power (of course), air conditioning, and how much it affects the engine power, too much wheel well room, maybe a little bit tinted windows, it is a sporty car.

Ok for a 1st car but has problems.
By bmoreballer2008

2000 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe

I bought it used with 60k miles on it. It shakes very bad during idle, a lot of electrical problems, wasn't designed very well, battery continues to die for no reason. A good thing is that it is fun to drive when the problems don't overwhelm you.

Favorite Features

Sporty, Fun to drive, has a little bit of get up

Suggested Improvements

An overall better product

poor front end
By nikdominoe

2000 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe

i have had this car for about a year, i have ad to replace the bushings, alternator, and battery. I also need a front end alignment and new ti-rods. It shakes wayyy to much in idle. steering wheel clicks when i turn it for sum reason... tires run out of air every two weeks i would never rec amend this car to anyone

Favorite Features

nothing

Suggested Improvements

better looking body

So so
By fee1234

2000 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe

This car started off pretty good for me and I put a lot of miles on it but after about 100,000 the motor started ticking and the transmission started to go. The car always had a bad shake to it and would not make a good family car (too small> good for getting around town and not long trips.

Favorite Features

Good mileage

Pizza Car
By funglemuffin

2000 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 2dr Coupe

Ive had this car for two and a half years now and regrettably looking to get rid of. As a student i dont have time to fix the massive oil/coolant leak and fix whatever is making it run lean. had about 140000 miles now and got it with 116000. Replaced clutch at about 130 both tie rods, timing belt, turn signal switch and regular maintenance. Great when it's working, but here always seems to be a problem. I will admit i did drive it pretty hard delivering pizzas.

Favorite Features

Quick, fun to drive with tight handling as long as tie rod ends are taken care of. Manual transmission is fun and quick throttle response. Cheap paid 1500. Im 6'4 and fit great in interior.

Suggested Improvements

Needs better reliability, just to often its back on jackstands with me getting frustrated.