Used 2000 Ford Escort Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:

EXCELLENT CAR
By Tim Nall

2000 Ford Escort 4dr Sedan

I BOUGHT MY ESCORT IN 2001(A YEAR OLD WHEN I BOUGHT IT). IT'S BEEN A WONDERFUL CAR FOR ME. NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH IT. I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS CAR. IT'S MAINTAINENCE FREE.

THE COLOR IS BEAUTIFUL AND IT RUNS VERY WELL

IT WOULD BE BETTER FOR THE CAR TO BE HEAVIER.

jo 2000
By joe_1

2000 Ford Escort 4dr Sedan

I bought my 2000 Ford Escort SE sedan on 02/15/02 and havn't had a major problem yet. This is a very good car to drive since it is one of the best Escort modles that rolled of the production line.Great acceleration on city streets,but going up hills can be a bit of a challeng since there is only 110 hores under it's hood.

i really enjoy the Escort's body style from 97-2002 for the sedan.Standard 2.0, 4 cyl engine,with 110 hp. Rear folding seats.

More horsepower for that extra boost going uphill and merging on major highways. More leg room in the rear for back seat passengers.

Its a good little car
By tboner

2000 Ford Escort 4dr Sedan

I really like this little car. It handles the tough winters up here in the Northeast. Starts everyday, handles the snow & ice good. Peppy little 4 cylinder, although I wish I had the standard. I am a 5 speed fanatic. I don't find the car uncomfortable at all. A lot of other smaller car will make my bum go to sleep after an hour or two, but not so with this one. My previous car was a 1997 Hyundai Accent, which was a great little car, but the escort has the upper hand over the accent.

comfort, peppy engine, handling, ac is always ice cold

loses alot of power with ac on

Love My Escort
By Jdup

2000 Ford Escort 4dr Sedan

A ford escort is usually a car that people joke about but to tell you. I had good luck with mine. I had a 1997 escort wagon and currently own a 2000 sedan. There are real good cars. Im 6'2 and yeah its kinda tight but it dont stop me from driving it. I longest I spent driving it was about 15 hours. Its got a peppy 2.0 inline 4 cyl. But who needs all that power anyway. The fastest you can go is 65mph.

Seats are like a LAZY-BOY Recliner. Radio picks up pretty good. (Not Bad Sound)

I just wish these cars come with cruise control. I know these cars have it but very few do. Love to see a little more power. Turn the A/C on and you will lose power.

I only rented this car
By Jason McGovern

2000 Ford Escort 4dr Sedan

I rented this car after rolling my 2000 corolla. Not a bad car. I know the specs only show 114 HP, and 120 fp of torque. But that's LOW END TORQUE. This car gets running from the get go (because Ford believes in torque unlike most imports). The ride is fairly alright, interior is very basic. It's a basic car. If you can get a deal on one of these I would most likely recommend it.

Low end torque:) I have had two imports (toyota and maza) for the past two years. Low end power is something I miss from domestic cars.

This is meant to be a cheapie car. No bells and whistles, just a point A-B, and does it not too badly. The interior however, has a fairly cheap looking design. Especially the inside door handles, could snap if you tried.

• SUV