The Little Car that Could...
By Hbgguppy on
1999 Ford Escort SE 4dr Wagon
I bought my Escort in a pinch. I had just bought my first house and very quickly realized the expenses of home ownership. I traded in my Ford Expedition and bought my Escort, cutting my car payment in half. Having owned SUVs for years and years, I wanted another "full cabin on frame" vehicle. Nothing car be more frustrating than trying to wedge a book shelf in the back of a sedan in the IKEA parking lot. I soon fell in love with the "little car that could". 4 years later and I'm still attached to "Fred" as he's now known. I particularly enjoy the visibility while parallel parking and making fast lane changes during rush hour traffic. He's been a darn good car to me.
Favorite Features
My favorite features are definitely my power windows, locks, mirrors and my keyless entry. It was a real joy to find a little car with all of those features.
Suggested Improvements
The one thing I wish my Escort had was an additional dome light in the cargo area. It can be very, very dark back there when I'm trying to find something back there in a dark parking lot.