1999 Ford Escort Consumer Review: First Car in College

1999 Ford Escort - Consumer Review

First Car in College
By ibnice on

1999 Ford Escort ZX2 Hot 2dr Coupe

I got my ZX2 3 years ago and have been so thankful for it. No, it's not a road demon, but it definately has treated me well in the years that I've driven it. It picks up well, and handles relatively well considering that it is an entry level car. I've had no mechanical problems with it in the three years that I've owned it. Be ware that it doesn't handle the rain very well, it slips and slides all around the road in water. High speeds are also a bit scary. Dispit the fact that the car has the engine capability to get up and go, the car's design limits it's stability on the highway to about 85 mph.

Designed to be as economically efficient as possible! 87 octane only, and a wet sponge to clean the interior! Good sound system and fun drive.

The suspension could be a bit better. The car could handle better at higher speeds. The factory tires are such a rare size that I had to buy 4 new bigger tires that fit.