1999 Ford Escort Consumer Review: cheap mans acura integra

1999 Ford Escort - Consumer Review

cheap mans acura integra
By zx2 on

1999 Ford Escort ZX2 Hot 2dr Coupe

Over 63K with oil changes and no major repairs. I think I am still on the original brakes. Engine noise is high. Car rides smooth and not harsh over bumps. Agressively geared really flies. Hardly have to press on the gas pedal. Trunk is reasonable size. Very reliable in the three years I have had it, just starts and runs. I think this car thinks its a honda or a toyota, often gets mistaken for one. Only will sell because I need more room.

Styling, reliability, zippy engine, fuel economy, fold down rear seats, sunroof, cd changer with premium sound is pretty good. Frigid A/C and good heat and defrost. Cheap to operate and maintain.

More sound insulation to keep that engine noise out. Bring back the S/R model and add variable valve timing and lift technology or a turbo. Make a hybrid zx2 also. Keep making the zx2 for those of us that have soul and wish to drive and not be driven!