Used 1999 Ford Escort Consumer Reviews - 125 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

1999 Ford Escort

View reviews for a specific Escort model:

Good, reliable transportation
By ringo423

1999 Ford Escort SE 4dr Wagon

Though somewhat vanilla, this car has been exceptionally reliable through the years. Good gas mileage and perfoms very well in all types of weather. Cabin fairly noisy on the highway

Reliable

Cabin too noisy

Ford Failure
By 1REDZX2

1999 Ford Escort ZX2 Hot 2dr Coupe

Bought this for my daughter for features, price and CU rating. Noisiest engine,sounds like a diesel, replaced both driveshafts before 60k, now at 85k one is failing again. Both ABS wheels cracked prior to 60K. Odd sized tires that you'll pay a premium for. At least it still looks good

CD changer, exterior design.

Better mechanicals. America can do better.

A good little car
By EddieSylvano

1999 Ford Escort ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

This was my first new car, and I've had it for 9 years, now. I was a bit apprehensive when I bought it - an American car made in Mexico - but it's been a champ. I've only had 2 problems in that time: the alternator died after about 4 years, and the AC after about 8. Other than that, it's been a great car. Good gas mileage, peppy acceleration, and fun to drive. I'm officially an adult now, and buying a new car, so it's time is up. I'm really going to miss it, though. I've had it so long it's like an extension of myself, and it's never let me down. I only hope my next car is as reliable and enjoyable. Farewell, old friend.

Remote entry, stick, oval radio panel, comfy seats

Nothing, really.

Want More
By Raghead

1999 Ford Escort SE 4dr Sedan

I own 4 Escorts,3 99's,1 98. My daily driver is a 2.0 SP 5 Sp sedan. This is the best car I've ever owned. It had 32K miles when purchased and now has 132K. I have replaced 1 set of tires,1 tie rod end and the spark plugs. I drive the car extremely hard.The tach sees 5 grand every day. Fun to drive, handles like a dream and 32 MPG. None of my Escorts has ever left me or my wife stranded. If they still made them I'd buy a new one. Great car.

Performance, handling, styling and gas mileage

Console design. Headlight lenses milk up

Great car
By Mr. Burger

1999 Ford Escort ZX2 Hot 2dr Coupe

I have put 194,000 miles on so far and have had no maintenance issues thus far. Change the oil every 3,500, that's it. Am still averaging 35.4 MPG. This has been a great can and expect to get 300,000 miles out of it easy.