1999 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:
transmission
By mess on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Escort SE 4dr Sedan

transmission went out on my '99 after 78,000 miles. It was well maintained.

I miss my ZX2
By Jamie Lynne on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Escort ZX2 Hot 2dr Coupe

I loved this car even though i only had it for 2 weeks i love it the only problem was it was my first car and i was soo happy it was layed out for my bday and 2 weeks after driving it i got in a horrible car wreck and it was totaled....

1999EscortSe
By Ed Ivey on 09/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Escort SE 4dr Sedan

The car rides and handles like a much larger on the highway. It's no monster on take off but once on the road it has plenty of power.

Excelent Economy Car
By Leavenworth_Boy on 09/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Escort ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

This is a second For Escort I have owned. I have never had any problems with this car. Change the oil, and it goes any distance.

Love this car!!
By My Great Car on 09/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Escort ZX2 Hot 2dr Coupe

I went to Florida in March and got 40 MPG consistently on a two day trip. Can't get much better than that! I even get great mileage around my rural area, back and forth to stores, etc. Have not put any money into it, except a tie rod end, tires, and everyday maintenance. I love this car!!! Heats great, cools great, fun to drive!!

Great Buy
By nydriver on 08/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Escort ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

I purchased my ZX2 new and after 4 years of driving it, have yet to have a problem with it. Not only has it been reliable, but also economical. It drives well and makes long trips painless and city traffic less painful than in other cars. This car is a winner in my book.

I love it!
By stolenhalo777 on 07/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Escort ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

I went from a junker to this. I love this car. Great pickup, faster than alot of my friends cars. Nice and resectful looking. I love my new car and it runs great and its one of fords best cars. ford makes crappy explorers and other cars but this one is a awesome improvement.

Awesome
By NATAS on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Escort ZX2 Hot 2dr Coupe

This is the best car to drive. it has very comfortable seats and drives really good. BUY ONE TODAY!

Top Economy Car
By 99LXSPORT on 07/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Escort LX 4dr Sedan

This car is just like any other basic economy car with a kick. The car has an awesome look from behind and side but from front looks really girly, but that all can be changed by taking the orange plate out of your headlights. The 2.0L Split Port Induction engine produces a solid 115 HP and 125 lb/ft of torque good for the SOHC 8V valvetrain. The interior style is solid, just a CD player and you have a solid car.

Great car
By Chelle on 06/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Escort ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

I bought this vehicle brand new and have not had one problem with it. It drives smooth, gets great gas mileage, and looks very sporty!