1999 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:
cheap mans acura integra
By zx2 on 10/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Escort ZX2 Hot 2dr Coupe

Over 63K with oil changes and no major repairs. I think I am still on the original brakes. Engine noise is high. Car rides smooth and not harsh over bumps. Agressively geared really flies. Hardly have to press on the gas pedal. Trunk is reasonable size. Very reliable in the three years I have had it, just starts and runs. I think this car thinks its a honda or a toyota, often gets mistaken for one. Only will sell because I need more room.

Ford Zx2 is a good practical car.
By Yanno on 10/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Escort ZX2 Hot 2dr Coupe

If given the choice between this and a Focus or Honda again I would still choose the Zx2. The car is very fun to drive, work on, it's very quick and outruns most cars on the road including some V8s yet still if babied I can get 37 miles the gallon and carry a lot of cargo. It's always been reliable and multi-functional. I went from an SUV to this and will never go back. Truly can not get a car this fast, this practical for this amount of money. Quite possibly one of Ford's best cars. If this was in Europe or the UK the raving would never cease.

GREAT WHILE UNDER WARRANTY
By SHANANA on 09/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Escort ZX2 Hot 2dr Coupe

My 1999 ZX2 was great while it was under warranty.. Just after that ran out I had to repair my air conditoner. Then about 8000 miles after that I had to fix the wheel bearing. Now 7000 miles later I hear a noise in the front end. Still need to get that looked at. I have loved the car up till now. Still looks great. The ride has always been nice(if you only have one passenger with you and no babiew to try to get into a car seat).

Perfect First Car
By doubleblack on 09/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Escort ZX2 Hot 2dr Coupe

I have owned the Ford ZX2 for 3 years and have had zero problems. It combines great highway fuel economy with surpising performance. No other car in this price range/age match it cornering ablities on dry roads.

Pleasant Surprise
By XQSME EH on 09/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Escort ZX2 Hot 2dr Coupe

I was looking for a commuter car, got that but also some extras. I found the ZX2 to have suprising power, sufficient comfort to take a 500 mile trip and to hold its own at freeway speeds, bonuses all. I am 6'4" and 225 lb and didn't expect to get away with buying so small a car. I have so much confidence in it that I bought new tires warranteed for 100,000 miles!

great
By scott wamsley on 08/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Escort ZX2 Hot 2dr Coupe

great car reliable good on gas

ZX2 Hot
By Meri on 05/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Escort ZX2 Hot 2dr Coupe

I use this car to commute to New York Metro area from Pa. I have put 90,000 miles on it in the 3 years I have owned it and the only thing that I have had to do on my ZX2 was change the oil and once the brakes. It has been a great car to own in terms of reliability and it is also a fun little car to drive. The Zx2 has a lot of pep and handles well on corners and in all weather conditions. I would recomend this model to anyone looking for a fast, fun, inexpensive form of transpertation.

First Car in College
By ibnice on 04/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Escort ZX2 Hot 2dr Coupe

I got my ZX2 3 years ago and have been so thankful for it. No, it's not a road demon, but it definately has treated me well in the years that I've driven it. It picks up well, and handles relatively well considering that it is an entry level car. I've had no mechanical problems with it in the three years that I've owned it. Be ware that it doesn't handle the rain very well, it slips and slides all around the road in water. High speeds are also a bit scary. Dispit the fact that the car has the engine capability to get up and go, the car's design limits it's stability on the highway to about 85 mph.