1999 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:
SUCKS!!!!!!!
By Cara on 05/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Escort ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

My experience with the Ford Escort ZX2 has been horrible from the start. First, 3 months after I purchased it the entire transmission was shot. (Under warranty they replaced it). 1 year later the power steering went out. The break are horrible and even though I change them often the dealership says that these types of cars have that "Squicky" problem.

Great Purchase!
By Vette man on 04/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Escort ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

I bought the car for less than $10K brand new in 1999. Really quick, have had it over 100 mph often. Its almost as quick as my '84 Corvette. Have 80K miles on it and no problems what so ever. Bought my daughter one. She got into a head on collision at 50 mph and walked away from it. The crush zones and air bags worked as well as a BMW. The best value Ford every sold.

Great Car
By philmie on 03/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Escort ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

My ZX2 is a wonderful car. Since I have had it I drive it 50 miles a day to and from school and then I deliver pizzas 4 days a week. My car is up to the abuse and I treat it to regular oil changes usually a few miles before 3000. It has good pep when accelerating even though it hada small engine. Sporty look too especially when it is given some tint and premium rims.

Fun But Cheap
By fordzx2blue on 02/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Escort ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

Poor manual transmission and headlights. The seats are made for women (lots of lumbar support). But, it is zippy!

My ZX2
By godinieu on 11/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Escort ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

Great fuel economy, awesome driving in curvy roads, i live in Mexico, which means poor roads, but still it is in perfect condition despite 35,000 miles.