1999 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:
after 3 different vehicles its the best!
By gokartsrule on 11/29/04 04:12 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Escort ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

I had a 1992 Mustang 2.3l with duelspark... then a hyundai elantra 2.0 dohc... now this zx2. Wow... finally a manual again... fastest I have ever driven. Stereo is pretty good.

great little car
By cbuck on 09/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Escort ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

Bought the car new in '99, have 93k miles on it but still love it. The ZX2 is fun to drive, reliable with average maintenance. I've only had to replace the tires, timing belt and breaks (once). The engine is noisy and idles rough but the ZX2 has still been an incredible value. Ride on!

GOOD CHEAP PERFORMANCE CAR
By jkk1 on 05/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Escort ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

Great car. NO warranty or mechanical problems at all.

Good car, but too small
By Madmatt55 on 04/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Escort ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

I have had a good experience with this car, but I have outgrown it. I have had very few repairs to make in the 3 years of ownership. Watch for rear brake caliper leaks. Finding replacement tires can be expensive as the tires are of an odd size. I am using a slightly taller tire and it works out fine. I also advise any owner to buy a K&N air filter for this car. It does make a difference. If I had the choice, i would get this car with a 5 speed.

My Favorite Car Pick
By AngeMSU on 01/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Escort ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

This is my second escort and I love it. I bought it used with especially low miles, and I haven't regretted it for a minute. Defiantly worth more then it's priced at.

Great car for the money
By loyalhall on 01/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Escort ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

Bought it as a used ex-lease car at 3 yrs and 35K. Compared to other small economy cars it is excellent. Peppy, good handling, excellent in snow, gas miliage ave 30mpg, and a very tight turning radius. On the downside, it takes the most expensive parts. Sparkplugs were double a normal economy car and likewise with tires. I did have to replace the alternator ($125 part) and drive belt ($30) but otherwise have had no problems. The oil filter is just about impossible to get to so you will be taking it to the lube shop. Good amount of road noise and gets uncomfortable on long road trips, but 2-3 hour trips are ok. But what do you expect for $6.5K, a BMW?

Excelent Economy Car
By Leavenworth_Boy on 09/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Escort ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

This is a second For Escort I have owned. I have never had any problems with this car. Change the oil, and it goes any distance.

Great Buy
By nydriver on 08/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Escort ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

I purchased my ZX2 new and after 4 years of driving it, have yet to have a problem with it. Not only has it been reliable, but also economical. It drives well and makes long trips painless and city traffic less painful than in other cars. This car is a winner in my book.

I love it!
By stolenhalo777 on 07/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Escort ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

I went from a junker to this. I love this car. Great pickup, faster than alot of my friends cars. Nice and resectful looking. I love my new car and it runs great and its one of fords best cars. ford makes crappy explorers and other cars but this one is a awesome improvement.

Great car
By Chelle on 06/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Escort ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

I bought this vehicle brand new and have not had one problem with it. It drives smooth, gets great gas mileage, and looks very sporty!