Used 1999 Ford Escort Consumer Reviews - 125 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

1999 Ford Escort

View reviews for a specific Escort model:

DO NOT BUY
By Hatemycar

1999 Ford Escort ZX2 Hot 2dr Coupe

I have had such a bad time with this car. I have put two transmissions in it and it had left me stranded numerous times.

The body style and color...that's about it.

They should just stop making it altogether.

Great bang for your buck
By dunnr

1999 Ford Escort LX 4dr Sedan

This car was purchased new and we now have 117k miles on it and have never done anything to it except the 100k mile tune up. It has been well worth the purchase price and if Ford still made them we would buy another one.

With the 5 speed tranny we get 35mpg. Love the keyless entry, great design for the year.

Less hassle to replace the factory radio which is built in with the heater control panel.

Found On Road Dead
By NoMoreFords

1999 Ford Escort ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

This car seemed to work alright up until about 65,000 miles...then I found myself in and out of the dealership/repair shops every few months. I would not buy a Ford again, lesson learned.

It is a cute car. If I was not always repairing it, it would have been a better car.

Like it to have been more reliable overall.

Great economy car
By MHW814

1999 Ford Escort LX 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for seven years and have only had to replace brakes and tires and a wiper blade now and then. It's a great car for girls because all of the fluid caps are have labels and the rear seats fold down so you can fit all of your shopping items in the car.

Fold down rear seats, gas mileage, easy to drive.

More leg room in the rear seat and more head room.

Not bad
By Felicia

1999 Ford Escort SE 4dr Sedan

I bought my Escort from a couple who wanted a newer car. It had high miles for the year, but didn't look bad at all. I've had Escorts and other Fords before and this car has been the best one for me to drive. Body looks good, inside fits 1 adult, 2 kids and a big dog pretty good. I had a few problems with it, such as the brakes, and now I'm told something is broken in the engine, but that little car still moves. Has always been good on gas, and the only time it left me stranded was when I got a dead battery. I drove this car hard. I live in a hilly region and I tend to lay on the gas. The tranny is good, it's just that some mounting thing in the engine is broke, so the car can take a beating.

Good on gas, big enough for family of 4, pretty good speakers too.

Light for shifter.