1999 Ford Escort Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:
Great Car!
By yaknow on 06/09/12 17:07 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Hot 2dr Coupe

My familly has owned a ford escort sport zx2 from 1999 to now. of the course of its life a huge tree has fell on it and still it runs. however some of the accessories arent doing so well, cd changer and cassette tape doesnt function perhaps because the wiring is faulty after being repaired from the tree. It is now my first car and it is great. i love how it rides. i usually dont like carpeted interior but this car wouldn be what it is if it didnt have the carpeted interior. I encourage everyone to buy it unless you are like 6 feet tall cause it has a low roof.

Very good car
By eskimopride on 03/20/11 11:09 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Hot 2dr Coupe

i bought the car for 1200 and i only had to replace the altinator at round 95k its been replaced once before that. Its a sporty little coupe. The seats are comfortable for a 2.4 hour drive. I was surpirsed how much room there was in the back seat im 5;11 and i can have the seat where i would drive and still have a little room not much but better then the cavalier

I love my ZX2! Very roomy for such a small car!
By cayce106 on 02/02/11 14:55 PM (PST)

1999 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

I bought my car brand new 12 years ago and am still driving it. I wish Ford still made these, because I would definitely buy another one. This car has never let me down. I've had three collisions in this car (none my fault) all on the front ends and stayed safe through all three. This car is very peppy- you can pull out very quickly and you can zoom uphill with no problem. Other than some maintenance (new alternator at 90,000 miles, new break pads, a few batteries, a repair on the air conditioner) I've had no major problems. The only complaints are that it's hard to get into the back seat, but once you're there it's pretty roomy.

First New Car
By Steve on 11/30/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Hot 2dr Coupe

Sadly I don't have this car anymore, but I wanted to write a review anyway. It was the first car I ever bought brand spanking new (with only 9 miles on it). It was sharp looking, unbelievably reliable, surprisingly good in the snow, and served me well for the 5 years I owned it. I traded it in for my current car, 2005 Volvo S40 turbo, but still miss it and sometimes wish I still had it.

LOVE IT
By elizabeth on 03/12/10 20:12 PM (PST)

1999 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Hot 2dr Coupe

This is my first car, got it when I was 16 I'm almost 19 now. When my mom gave it to me it had 150,000 miles. Now it has 215,700. Its been totaled twice. Been involved in a few more little wrecks. I've backed into 4 cars (hasn't messed up either car either time) the timing belt broke on it. Thought the motor was gone, but it wasn't. I tore the front end up and the hole drivers side door up by hitting a fence. It chirps wheels in second gear. I couldn't have asked for a better first car. Gas mileage. Filled it up today for 28$ itll run 300 miles a tank. My kids will probably be driving this car. I have a spare exact same car (but it has a sunroof) with 140,000 on it when the motor blows in this one.

still going
By rosa on 01/05/10 13:46 PM (PST)

1999 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

Bought this used, and now has over 200,000 miles on it, and still going strong, absolutly great gas mileage, but the ride is bumpy and noisy, but it's basic and cheap transportation, moon roof is neat, body paint still shines, replaced thrmostat, timing belt, rods, battery, tires. will drive it til it dies.

Look Good for Cheap
By Subaroid! on 09/02/09 01:29 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

This is a good, cheap piece of transportation. There's not much to this car, just the bare necessities. Crank windows, no CD player, no A/C. It's got 108,000 miles on it, and has done well for a Ford. Only replaced the alternator and an idler pulley so far (relatively cheap fixes, $400, $100), have done the brakes; rotors and pads front for $50. It's got the 2.0 liter engine and a 5 speed manual so it gets good mileage (25 or so with me driving it hard), has good handling, and is fun to drive. It's due for a clutch, and there are squeaks, rattles, and oil leaks. Interior trim pieces are also falling off.

99 Ford ZX2 5 speed
By Randy on 12/27/08 20:06 PM (PST)

1999 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

Purchased with 89K and so far it has been a steal. Fun to drive, very peppy and handles nicely. Have the primo sound 6 disc changer and it sounds great. Gas mileage mostly highway is 29mpg. (moderate driving speeds/acceleration)

Beautiful and fast
By seekbob on 07/08/08 15:39 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Hot 2dr Coupe

This car is great looking and fun to drive with 25 to 30 mpg. I have had it for over 4 years. I have replaced front brakes and tires and one tie rod that is it. Best car I ever had.

Great
By HERB on 04/04/08 07:31 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Hot 2dr Coupe

Drives and handles great. Looks great. Drove it to New Orleans and back last year with no problems at all. Didn't even have it checked out before I left, I have that much faith in it. Just routine maintenance, nothing more.