It Could Be Worse (but not much)
By Justin on
1998 Ford Escort SE 4dr Sedan
Do not get this car if you enjoy driving or like cars even a little bit. You'll be dissapointed with the performance, handling and just about everything. Fuel economy is great as long as you don't touch the gas and don't look at the A/C. I don't think the designers even knew what fun-to-drive meant. Interior is basic. Not even a tach or cd player. If you stare at the exterior long enough it starts to look alright. It's only broken down on me once because of a bad alternator but there are a few parts that have needed replacing in the two years I've had it. (Motor mounts twice and A/C.) The trunk leaks on the right too. Summary: If you're old or don't like cars, the Escort is for you.
Favorite Features
The only things I like about the car are the few things I've done to it. The sound system, intake and wheels. And it was free from the grandparents.Obviously I wouldn't have bought the car.
Suggested Improvements
Where do I start? Power, handling, cd player, more MPGs when using the A/C or the gas pedal the slightest bit, and a tachometer even though it's an automatic.